Just got a Boss GT10 and a JC-120...

joegrant413

• Members

I haven't tried it but I'd be very interested to hear what you think of yours. I have heard quite a few demos of Robert Marcello playing that very set up and he sounded great. I believe he uses the SLDN model and the 5150 model. In one of the issues of Young Guitar this year they gave all the parameter settings to help you get his sound.

• Members

Hey folks,

I just noticed the JC120 has two separate settings for the effects loop:

+4db or -20db

and

series or parallel.

I suppose if I just put the GT10 input into the JC120 Send it doesn't make much difference. But if I go 4CM, it seems like it would matter. Anyone know how I should set these guys?

To a fine '09,

-- Joe

• Members

Just brought home a Boss GT10 and a used JC-120, including the effects loop.

Anybody else here try these two together?

Thx,

-- Joe

Well, I have a Roland Jazz Chorus 120, and my housemate has a Boss GT5.

I haven't tried them together, but I did try out the "jc120" clean tone on the GT5 through a small Park combo amp, and it was remarkably similar to my Jazz Chorus.

Maybe I should try them both together.

• Members

man wanna have those 2! ...the jc has definitely proven to be effective for modulation..however many say that the gt-10's distortions/overdrive on board is not that great...Any thoughts on this? ...I'm guessing this jc-gt match up will do the magic since they're from the same company..

• Members

Thanks, folks, for all the info! I played awhile last night, using both the L and R output from the GT to the JC-120 return jacks. Also set the GT "Output Setting" to "JC Send. Really sounds very, very good! :thu: Much better than the first time I tried it.

I'll try some of the things you guys suggest, and report back.

Happy '09,

-- Joe

• Members

man wanna have those 2! ...the jc has definitely proven to be effective for modulation..however many say that the gt-10's distortions/overdrive on board is not that great...Any thoughts on this? ...I'm guessing this jc-gt match up will do the magic since they're from the same company..

I've already tried the JC-120 with a couple of my separate OD / dist pedals going into them. To my ears, with a little tweaking, it sounded very, very good. I haven't tried this yet, but the GT-10 will let me plug the dirt pedals into GT's own external loop, and I believe I can at least control on/off of that loop. I didn't buy the GT10 and JC120 intending to set it up this way, but it's another option.

Later,

-- Joe

Archived