short delay pedal

Mikoo69

• Members

i currently have a boss dm-2 and a dd-6 on my board and use the DM-2 for longer pink floyd style delay and the dd-6 mostly for swells and reverse.

i want to get a third pedal to have just as a really short delay. like just like one or two repeats quick right after i hit a note to give that "comb filtering" kinda sound.

im consdering a boss dd-3, a guyatone, an mxr carbon copy, or an ibanez ad-9. what would be the best for short delays? i want something relatively cheap, though something maybe that compliments the other two delays i have on the board.

good bypass is important for me

• Members

i currently have a boss dm-2 and a dd-6 on my board and use the DM-2 for longer pink floyd style delay and the dd-6 mostly for swells and reverse.

i want to get a third pedal to have just as a really short delay. like just like one or two repeats quick right after i hit a note to give that "comb filtering" kinda sound.

im consdering a boss dd-3, a guyatone, an mxr carbon copy, or an ibanez ad-9. what would be the best for short delays? i want something relatively cheap, though something maybe that compliments the other two delays i have on the board.

good bypass is important for me

I love the Rocktron Short Timer. $59.00 list? Tape like, more Analog sound than digital to my ears. A little big in size though. Sound clips on MF.

• Members

I asked this exact same question last week.

rule of thumb, digital delays can get much shorter than analog, and will produce a more pronounced comb filter sound.

wouldnt know what to suggest for cheap and small. I have a couple that can do it but theyre large and expensive.

• Members

i need something very small. i think the carbon copy is the only one thats gonna fit on my board now that i think about it.

The CC is great & someone said you can get it brand new for like $123.00 now somewhere..I forgot where exactly, sorry.

• Members

just read that that guitar player uses a boss dd-5. would i get the same effect with a dd-3? dd-3s are cheaper right?

whats the main difference btwn dd-5 and dd-3?

the dd-5 has tap tempo, stereo outs and reverse. for your application a dd-3 should work fine.

• Members

My longer delay (I don't need really long delays) is a Boss DD-5. For short stuff I use a Korg DL-301 Toneworks that is an amazingly flexible and adjustable piece of hardware. It has adjustments and features you don't find outside of rack gear, like ducking and tone controls for the repeats. Wish it were quieter and had longer delays it would rule the planet.

• Members

tried the carbon copy today and hated it.

i need something that can do many repeats of a really short delay without going into self-oscillation. so far it seems the boss digital delays are the only ones that can do that successfully. the carbon copy went right into oscillation with multiple short delays. another DM-2 would be great but they are hard to find cheap

Archived