I got $175 GC to Guitar center. What pedal to get....

John_McEnroe

• Members

I dont really love the RE20 either, I traded my DL4 for it (which I also didnt like) maybe I should sell the RE20 and get a Deluxe memory man. That would still leave me room on my pedal board for one more pedal.

I heard a rumor of an XO DMM? The thing that is currently stopping me from getting a DMM is the annoying extra power cable I would need to deal with. All my other pedals can be powered from my pedal boards power supply.

• Members

I dont really love the RE20 either, I traded my DL4 for it (which I also didnt like) maybe I should sell the RE20 and get a Deluxe memory man. That would still leave me room on my pedal board for one more pedal.

I heard a rumor of an XO DMM? The thing that is currently stopping me from getting a DMM is the annoying extra power cable I would need to deal with. All my other pedals can be powered from my pedal boards power supply.

I didn't like my Re-20 either, so far i think we're the only two in the world:p DMM is amazing, i absolutely loved mine, but i had to let it go for money and board space. the XO is out in Europe but probably wont be out in the states for some time

• Members

I just searched for the DMM XO and found that huge thread about it. I definitely want it now haha. I only wish it was 18v instead of 24...how are you guys powering it? so annoying to have two cables fr power instead of one... yeah I know its anal but c'mon.... its nice to have everything neat and tidy.:cop:

• Members

I didn't like my Re-20 either, so far i think we're the only two in the world:p DMM is amazing, i absolutely loved mine, but i had to let it go for money and board space. the XO is out in Europe but probably wont be out in the states for some time

Its not really that I hate the RE20 or anything... its just kind of meh.... I think its a great pedal, I just don't think it's my sound. I would never sell the Rat, the RV3, or the DD7, but the RE20 just doesnt really speak to me.

• Members

Ok if I Was to get some modulation what is a cool modulation pedal to go for? I dont really want a phaser, maybe a cool flanger? I am into anything that sounds creepy and weird. I am into godspeedyoublackemperor and stuff like that.

What kind of modulation pedal can totally freak out my signal?

• Members

Vexter Fuzz Factory
*Possibly* Fulltone OCD
MXR Carbon Copy

They have these at my local Guitar Centers they may not be at all of them.

Another instrument entirely you may not already play like Banjo/Mandolin/Cheap Drum set, etc.

• Members

This !

Hmm, I just watched a vid of that Flanger Hoax and it does look interesting. I am going to have to search more vids on youtube. It is also 18v which my pedal board can support. Is it mostly for phasing sounds? In the vid on the EHX site, most of the sounds sounded kind of lame to me, but then when he was doing the tutorial with the second guy turning the knobs it was pretty amazing.

Archived