Boost Pedal Suggestions

mcr23

• Members

Looking for a boost pedal to put in front of my Sig:X____ . For me the amp is perfect in every way except the level of gain I can get out of it, especially on the middle channel.

I have never had to use a boost before because I used to have a Dual Recto. So, Suggestions??

I was looking at the Damage Control tube-driven pedals but another VHT/Fryette owner suggested a Maxon TS808. Or maybe a BB preamp?

If you have any other ideas for a boost to goose the front of my Siggy for metal and br00tz, please let mew know. Also, What level should the boost be on? I don't want it to sound like crap by diming it out and only getting fuzz. Also, I want it to retain the articulation intrinsinc to the VHT sound.

Thanks.

• Members

The damage control pedals are distortions, not boosts

MaxonOD808 would probably work well

Thanks man...like I said, never had to use one. I've had the MESA since I started playing almost 10 years ago.

Whats the difference b/t the Maxon and the Xotic BB ?

• Members

I just got a Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive. Very good TS808 clone with better tones. Very good for overdrive into distortion capabilities plus you can mix in the clean signal any way you want, even if you just want it to be an all clean boost.

• Members
I would have to recommend the Keely Katana. Transparent clean boost -or- boost with some slight grit. Your choice on the push pull knob.

Would a clean boost really be enough to add more gain to my OD channels? Might be a N00b question, but I got a away with just running the MESA DR stock on the vintage and modern OD channels. :confused:

• Members

If you goose the front end of the SigX with the Katana, i think you will be suprised how well it works. You will probably have to back the gain off a little. I used to hit a Tremoverb with it (gain around 11.5 - 12) and it completely changed the amp for the better.

• Members

If you goose the front end of the SigX with the Katana, i think you will be suprised how well it works. You will probably have to back the gain off a little. I used to hit a Tremoverb with it (gain around 11.5 - 12) and it completely changed the amp for the better.

Thanks man. Do you think it will be able to approach the Tremo stock territory? I had the Tremo 2x12 combo.

Archived