What was your solution to powering your Zvex pedals with a brick?

EvilMeow

• Members

So I've got this shiny new Zvex SHO

2a38_1.JPG

And it doesn't have a 9v power input. My PedalPower 2+ came with a battery clip adapter, but I'm trying to figure out a way to get it in there and out without messing with the pedal. I want to keep the back on if I can, and I don't want to drill a hole in this great paint job.

Maybe use the bypass out to feed the clip through?

How do you get around that?

• Members

Doesn't the battery last a reaaaaaaaaaaaaally long time?

indeed. just use a battery. i've had my super duper 2in1 for a couple of years now and have only needed to change the batteries twice. and this is with nearly daily use - i'd estimate about 10 hours a week having the zvex plugged in.

plus if you've got a board and it's first in the chain you have to unplug the input anyway.

• Members

You could get a 1 Spot battery clip adapter and run it out the back of the pedal, you can screw the back down pretty far and squish the cable quite a bit and it will still work, I have it almost flattened on my Loop Junky (the back is screwed almost all of the way down) and haven't had any issues. It'll only cost you 3 bucks too.

• Members

i saw that SHO on ebay and almost got it, picked up a different LB version instead. awesome pedal (looks and sound).

you could remove the second output and run the 9 volt clip adapter through there, but it'll probably void the warranty because you'd have to clip or de-solder the jack. i say just use a battery and unplug it.

• Members

Oh it has a bypass out?

Well, I'd use the battery clip you have, let the cable run through that free output and power it up that way, instead of buying a power plate...

It's the cheapest way, and those powerplates have the power cable coming out of the bottom, so it could get in the way if you velcro your pedal or something like that...

• Members

The battery will last forever in a SHO, so there's no reason for any action, really. I'm planning to drill a hole for a DC jack in my Wah Probe, because it drains the battery pretty fast if I don't unplug it, and the way I have my pedal board setup, unplugging it is a hassle. I don't care if it lowers the resale value, as I can't see myself selling it.

That SHO looks great, btw.

• Members

It's the cheapest way, and those powerplates have the power cable coming out of the bottom, so it could get in the way if you velcro your pedal or something like that...

it does get a little in the way, but it runs pretty flat, so i wouldn't be too worried about it.

• Members

i saw that SHO on ebay and almost got it, picked up a different LB version instead. awesome pedal (looks and sound).

you could remove the second output and run the 9 volt clip adapter through there, but it'll probably void the warranty because you'd have to clip or de-solder the jack. i say just use a battery and unplug it.

I sat long and hard staring at that auction, trying to decide if I wanted to snag it. It was a good price, and I really wanted some hand painted Zvex effects.

I am having one issue with it. A couple times yesterday, when I clicked the switch, the light came on but the pedal didn't actually engage and start working. I still had the original signal. I think I might have to send it in. I'm still glad that I picked it up, though. It sounds freaking great and looks awesome.

Yeah, I think I'll just unplug it and use a battery, by the way.

Archived