(In production) Boss Hurt/Heal Game

Crxsh

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Agreed. That or the SD-1.
:idk:

The BD-2, DD-7 and RC-2 are the best Boss pedals out there. Period.

Well, I'm all for getting rid of the DD-3. The SD-1, on the other hand, is the proletariat's pedal and should be duly honored. I've owned both the BD-2 and the SD-1 and used each extensively for a good amount of time. The BD-2 is good at some things, and has a nice character to it, but it can get shrill and sound noisy/crappy at times. The SD-1 is more versatile and mixes better with other dirt, IMO.

• Members

Well, I'm all for getting rid of the DD-3. The SD-1, on the other hand, is the proletariat's pedal and should be duly honored. I've owned both the BD-2 and the SD-1 and used each extensively for a good amount of time. The BD-2 is good at some things, and has a nice character to it, but it can get shrill and sound noisy/crappy at times. The SD-1 is more versatile and mixes better with other dirt, IMO.

I'll give you that. I had a modded SD-1 that was real nice.... but I was quite fond of the overall character of the BD-2 .... even though it can be a bit splatty at times. I had 2 modded ones actually, those were pretty fantastic.

• Members

I'll give you that. I had a modded SD-1 that was real nice.... but I was quite fond of the overall character of the BD-2 .... even though it can be a bit splatty at times. I had 2 modded ones actually, those were pretty fantastic.

Unfortunately, you've never owned a Rat, right? I'm not really a Rat guy, I found it wasn't really the sound I wanted, but the SD-1 paired with the Rat is fantastic, one of the best 1-2 pedal combinations out there.

• Members

Unfortunately, you've never owned a Rat, right? I'm not really a Rat guy, I found it wasn't really the sound I wanted, but the SD-1 paired with the Rat is fantastic, one of the best 1-2 pedal combinations out there.

I had a modded Rat for a bit -- Freakshow Brown Rabbit. No thanks... I think it's the amp though. Sounds like they go great with thinner cleaner amps like Vox & Fender -- meh through my Mesa.

• Members

I had a modded Rat for a bit -- Freakshow Brown Rabbit. No thanks... I think it's the amp though. Sounds like they go great with thinner cleaner amps like Vox & Fender --
meh
through my Mesa.

Well, I'm strictly a Vox guy these days, so I can't say how things sound with other amp brands. Like I said, I'm not too keen on the Rat sound anyway, but if I liked that sound, the SD-1 really takes it to the next level, like they were made to go together.

Archived