Going into the studio in April

TechBrother

• Members

My band is going to record our first album in the beginning of April at Wrightway Studios here in Baltimore. I was looking at their website today (www.wrightwaystudios.com) and stumbled upon their gear list. Check out some of the {censored} they have and please help with some suggestions. I can't WAIT!

Instruments:

PRS Single Cut Guitar

Fender Stratocaster w/Hotrail

Fender Mustang 71' Guitar

Gibson Les Paul Studio Guitar

Gretch Electromatic Guitar

Yamaha SA1000 HollowBody Guitar

SilverTone 64' Guitar

Taylor 810ce Dreadnought Acoustic

Yamaha Acoustic 62'

Epiphone MM30TR 8 String Mandolin

Lanikai LU21C 4String Ukulele

Ernie Ball 5-String Stingray Bass

Fender Precision 71' Reissue

Gibson EB2 HollowBody 70's Bass

Line 6 5-String Variax Bass

Fender Rhodes Mark II 73-Key Stage Piano

Lowrey Toy Organ

Arp Vintage String Ensemble

Wurlitzer 64 key

Yamaha S-80 88-Note Weighted Action Keyboard

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier amp 3 Channel 01'

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier amp 2 Channel 92'

Maya Custom 15 watt Prototype

Soldano Decatone Amp

Fender Twin 75

• Members

I don't know...when I go into the studio I like using my own gear I know will sound good to preserve the "energy" of the songs instead of {censored}ing around with other peoples gear...just me I guess! have fun hope it turns out good!

Use the Wurlitzer and the Silvertone!

• Members

I don't know...when I go into the studio I like using my own gear I know will sound good to preserve the "energy" of the songs instead of {censored}ing around with other peoples gear

I learned this the hard (and costly) way - ended up wasting a lot of time in the studio fiddling with awesome gear, only to be disappointed with my tone in the end.

That said, if you have the money (assuming you're paying out of your pocket) to spend some extra time experimenting with their gear, go for it. If you can, try demo-ing the same stuff at your local guitar shop.

• Members

if you're paying out of pocket, the last thing you want to do is burn time messing with tones you'll have trouble recreating live. some studios sell themselves on having world-class equipment like old pianos and old fender rhodes. that all means {censored} when it has nothing to do with your sound.

• Members

Thanks for the replies guys. I think Mike Mcaree mixes in studio A or B. I do know that since we're essentially going to record live we'll be setup in almost all of their sound rooms. I plan on recording with my rig live then using studio gear for specific sounds I want to try out. While we're getting a great deal time it isn't free so I have to be time conscious. I'm even more excited about our keys player getting to use a rhodes and wurlie.

• Members

That's pretty awesome dude, congrats. They look to have quite the selection, have fun with it. I'm looking forward to hearing the record when you're done. I'm sure you guys'll {censored}in rock it.

Hah I think I'm gonna try and make my way up to your neck of the woods for one of the gigs later in the month.

Archived