OT: Is there something wrong with HC's search feature?

papamaverick

• Members

i dont quite understand...isnt the point of these vbulletin boards supposed to be that they work correctly "out of the box"? i guess its just frustrating because this site is such a great resource. i've gotten sooo much gear info just from using the search when it was working.

i dont quite understand...isnt the point of these vbulletin boards supposed to be that they work correctly "out of the box"? i guess its just frustrating because this site is such a great resource. i've gotten sooo much gear info just from using the search when it was working.

HC's vbulletin software and servers are being held together with duct tape, chewing gum and baling wire... and a lot of very hard work by some very talented and dedicated IT people.

Offhand, I don't know of any other site of this size [the largest music gear / musician's website on the planet, and one of the largest websites of ANY type] that uses vbulletin. It wasn't intended for stuff like this... and our current setup is quite the hodge podge... which we pretty much had to do to keep what we had in place and functioning - unless we wanted to put a LOT of additional work and funds into it.

The good news? We're getting all new stuff. I can't give you the specifics yet, or an ETA on the launch, but it's going to be cool. And not TOO far into the future. Promise. :)

• Members

that uses vbulletin. It wasn't intended for stuff like this... and our current setup is quite the hodge podge... which we pretty much had to do to keep what we had in place and functioning - unless we wanted to put a LOT of additional work and funds into it.

The good news? We're getting all new stuff. I can't give you the specifics yet, or an ETA on the launch, but it's going to be cool. And not TOO far into the future. Promise.
:)

Ohh... Webcam function? :facepalm:;)

• Members

that uses vbulletin. It wasn't intended for stuff like this... and our current setup is quite the hodge podge... which we pretty much had to do to keep what we had in place and functioning - unless we wanted to put a LOT of additional work and funds into it.

The good news? We're getting all new stuff. I can't give you the specifics yet, or an ETA on the launch, but it's going to be cool. And not TOO far into the future. Promise.
:)

Cool, do you know if the interface for us will be much different?

For some reason I like the way most things look/feel to use (search excepted).

But if it makes it easier for you guys, it must be a good thing.

• Members

Will we get a search function that doesn't flagrantly ignore relevant threads from the past few months? It's kind of irritating when I try to search for a thread I read a couple weeks ago and all the proper keywords direct me to ones that're several months old or totally irrelevant.

Archived