Help me price out a vintage (1983?) ProCo RAT pedal

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Once I pick it up (prolly tomorrow), I'm gonna have to start a new build thread.

First, I have to restore the old power jack to its original state so I can hook it up to my 1 Spot 9-volt daisy chain.

Then, I'll have to fabricate some kind of wooden holder or platform for it so I can mount it to my IKEA Gorm pedalboard, shown below, in the spot occupied by the BOSS FS-5U footswitch:

22completedactionphoto.jpg

I can't bring myself to tear off the rubber feet and cover the bottom of this old RAT pedal with sticky-back Velcro, so I'm planning to make a wooden platform the same height as the rubber feet with cutaways for the feet. The top of this platform will have 4 to 6 small rare earth magnets that will hold the pedal in place securely (these little suckers are STRONG!), and then I can put Velcro on the bottom of the wood, keeping the pedal's original finish unblemished.

• Members

You could always try and sell the FS-5U and pick up a custom tap tempo switch! I'm pretty sure you could find someone here on the forums to make you one for ~$30.

Believe it or not (and I'm embarassed to admit this) I actually prefer using a Yamaha FC4 electric piano sustain pedal as the Tempo and Stop switch for my RC-2 Loop Station (blemished ones sell for $18). I have a Yamaha keyboard in my practice area, and about a year ago I hooked up an after-market sustain to the Loop Station just for kicks. It worked great.

When I stated my pedalboard build, I figured I should get a "real" footswitch, so I bought the FS-5U. But I hate it. It's really stiff and it takes up so much real estate. So I'm gonna use one of these off to the side (that is, not on the pedalboard). I'm going to cut off the straight-in 1/4" plug and replace it with a right-angle plug.

367965.jpg

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived