Algal Bloom Mini

turnitto11

• Members

It's voiced like a full-on Algal Bloom. There's no gain trim or voltage reduction (though you can back off with your guitar's volume). Huge and open, harmonic.

The Bloom control changes just how overdriven the circuit is...left is darker, further right ups definition and surge!

radiosilence has one...maybe he can chime in!

• Members
radiosilence has one...maybe he can chime in!

hey! hi there.

yeah, i've been meaning to review mine for a while but i was gonna lump it together with my big muff rehouse but that ran into problems and has just been sitting on the bench for a week or so :( i need to get back into that.

yeah, the algal bloom mini is really nice sounding; plenty of bass and trebles in there, full range fuzz.

mine is very gainy, kinda crazy amounts of gain in it, and i don't really know what the controls are :) they reduce the volume to nothing when you turn either of them all the way down, so its not like your typical volume and gain controls, more interactive than that.
sounds nothing like a big muff, i've never played a fuzz face so i can't compare it to that, but from my experience its uniquely voiced.

its well built, it sounds great, it looks very pretty... its easy on the wallet* too, bonus!

*that said, mine was free ;) cheers tommy :thu:

• Members
hey! hi there.

yeah, i've been meaning to review mine for a while but i was gonna lump it together with my big muff rehouse but that ran into problems and has just been sitting on the bench for a week or so
:(
i need to get back into that.

yeah, the algal bloom mini is really nice sounding; plenty of bass and trebles in there, full range fuzz.

mine is very gainy, kinda crazy amounts of gain in it, and i don't really know what the controls are
:)
they reduce the volume to nothing when you turn either of them all the way down, so its not like your typical volume and gain controls, more interactive than that.

sounds nothing like a big muff, i've never played a fuzz face so i can't compare it to that, but from my experience its uniquely voiced.

its well built, it sounds great, it looks very pretty... its easy on the wallet* too, bonus!

*that said, mine was free
;)
cheers tommy
:thu:

Thanks!!
And good description. :thu: The Algal Bloom definitely has a big dose of gain, very overdriven (the 4-knob standard AB lets you back things off to lots of gritty overdrives, but the AB mini is just full-on!).
I often say the AB-Synth and Great Wall are gained-up twice as much as the Algal Bloom, but it's more that they're more layered fuzz and more densly clipped...and the Algal Bloom is more open.

Archived