The twins came home today!

NITEFLY182

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting, I found the Ernie a bit bland and uninspiring although I'm sure by the nature of the beast there could be quite a bit of variation between two of the same pedals.

That's a shame....... the Ernie is like, my favorite pedal.

• Members

Closer to a Mayo than an Ernie but not as aggressive as the Mayo. The fuzz sounds sort of bubbly. Its really hard to explain but its a really wide open big fuzz tone that has body to it while most fuzzes are sort of thin sounding.

• Members

hows the echo ?

I like it but its a pretty unique sound so it takes some getting used to. The repeats get thinner and thinner unlike an analog delay where they get darker and darker. The modulation is great but I dont think it likes being in the loop of my amp.

• Members

What do you have, an M60?

And would you recommend the 2ch Recto? I used to have a 3ch, but I've heard a lot of good things about the older models. Your thoughts?

I have an M90. I hate EL34s so I went for the KT88 model and more headroom.

The 2 channel rectifier is an awesome amp if you are looking for that really heavy modern tone. I had a 1992 chrome chassis model at one point that was definitely more aggressive but had a poor clean channel by comparison. They are great amps but I dont think they are dramatically different from the 3 channel models.

• Members

Huge differences. The Ladies are the fattest and richest muffs in the whole line. The TF is more of a mid-heavy distortion with a lot of cut. They really sound nothing alike.

You got me wrong i wanted to know if there is a reason to have two fules and two ladies? Are they identical or is there some secret mojo that makes them worth to own two

Archived