Tell me about the Throbak Overdrive Boost

warioblast

• Members

it's an excellent pedal and is very versatile.

i had one for a while but eventually sold it.

the only thing i didn't like was that it has so many features and performs equally well at several different things, that i was constantly tweaking the controls... i couldn't make my mind up about using it as a boost or fuzz, or in silicon or germanium modes... maybe i should have just bought 3 of the things!! :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

It's awesome. Very versatile. Still getting to know mine. Lets just say it sounded killer in several different applications. As an overdrive, I liked it better than my Tim. As a dirty/fuzzy boost I think it's going to beat out my COT50. As a mid boost in front of a Fuzz Face, amazing. For fuzz tones on its own I think I like it more than Fuzz Face types. Looking forward to trying it stacked with my Big Muff. The Big Muff > Colorsound Power Boost stack was supposedly what Gilmour used in the studio for the Comfortably Numb solos.

• Members

With the ODB theres so many sound options I'm finding myself constantly finding what I'm looking for. It's really been a stand out pedal. Get one and and play around, it might take a bit to get used to how everything interacts but it's magic when you do!

Archived