New Roland Fantom G6, G7, G8 at NAMM

A*X*7

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

are we gonna get the honor of having the same 20 years old sounds again?

I guess you haven't used a Fantom S and X much. There are hardly any old synth sounds lke the JV/XP/XV and original Fantom. Most of the synth sounds are Techno/Trance digial synth presets. The kb that still has lots of old school synth sounds in it is the M3.

:bor:

• Members

I guess you haven't used a Fantom S and X much. There are hardly any old synth sounds lke the JV/XP/XV and original Fantom. Most of the synth sounds are Techno/Trance digial synth presets. The kb that still has lots of old school synth sounds in it is the M3.

:bor:

I demoed the X pretty well (would do it better if I didn't get bored out of my mind). It still sounds like re-presetted JV to me.

• Members

???

Meh ... FANTOM-G sounds like it might not be worth the effort ... I think the build quality on THIS model may go down ... but the price could also be SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER ... like $1,300 for the 61 key will all the features of the Fantom X with more sounds in something resembling a Juno-G a little more (more like early 80s workstation :} )... perhaps no touchscreen (hey, Yamaha didn't either); maybe no pads (want pads, get a Fantom X) ...

???

Guest Anonymous

A 'G'utted Fantom
:cry:

That's funny!!!

:love:

Actually the new Fantom is supposed to be teh {censored}...

...from what I have been told.

:thu:

• Members

Flash-forward to 4 years from now...

NAMM 2012 REPORT!

ROLAND RELEASES THE FANTOM-Q LINE!

Yeah... and then 6 years from now:

2014 NAMM report:

its the Roland Fantom-Z line! What will they do then? no-more letters!

• Members

I will be glad when Thursday arrives

Same here. I don't know why I fall for it each year or each new exhibition, like a fiend sitting at the computer here waiting for new products to be leaked. :rolleyes:

Grab a hold of yourself man! The music is more important than the toys. Apparently.

Archived