Digital Organs, Models AT-800

Digital Piano, Model RD-700GX

Synthesizer, Model FANTOM-G6

Synthesizer, Model FANTOM-G7

Synthesizer, Model FANTOM-G8

Synthesizer, Model Juno D Limited Edition

• Members

RD-600? Welcome to 1996.

Did you check out the Korg fanboi comments on that page?

"Oh goody.......another Fantom. :rolleyes:"

"Why!? it sounds like a suicide!"

"Fantoms??? Are they still selling those things?"

Yes, they're still selling those things, because Korg can't make a decent piano sound or hardware sequencer to save their life. And Karma is Arranger Lite

• Members

I'd rather be part of the "X" generation than the "G" generation.....

However, I'd also like a USB 2.0 host interface on my Fantom X8.

I'd also like to save the arpeggios and drum rythms as part of a patch/performance. Currently the Fantom X keeps this as part of the main memory.

Mark

• Members
I hate to break it to you, but midi-generation tools (like Karma or the arpeggiators in the Motif XS) help sell keyboards to people of ALL ages.

True.

And what about sales of ANY arranger keyboard? Arranger keyboards sell very well in Europe and are gaining in popularity here in the U.S.

Milli Vanilli sold lots of records too. Just because arrangers sell well in Europe doesn't make them any less of a karaoke keyboard. And of course, Roland makes karaoke keyboards too.

I will bet you $1,000 that the new Roland Fantom GX will have some type of arpeggiator in it.

And hopefully people will use it to enhance their own compositions, not write it for them.

• Members

And hopefully people will use it to enhance their own compositions, not write it for them.

I don't know why people bag on Karma all the time.

What is wrong with having the "best" of something? No one complains if a product has the "best sounds" or the "best effects" or the "best keyboard action". Some people might not use midi generation features of a keyboard, but if they do, Karma is one of the best.

Karma is just a musical tool. Just like any tool, it can be used well or not so well.

• Members
What is wrong with having the "best" of something? No one complains if a product has the "best sounds" or the "best effects" or the "best keyboard action". Some people might not use midi generation features of a keyboard, but if they do, Karma is one of the best.

Karma is just a musical tool. Just like any tool, it can be used well or not so well.

Actually, you're absolutely right, Martin. I just found those comments on the Korg site fighting words.

• Members

RD-600? Welcome to 1996.

Did you check out the Korg fanboi comments on that page?

"Oh goody.......another Fantom. :rolleyes:"

"Why!? it sounds like a suicide!"

"Fantoms??? Are they still selling those things?"

Yes, they're still selling those things, because Korg can't make a decent piano sound or hardware sequencer to save their life. And Karma is Arranger Lite

• Members

I just found those comments on the Korg site fighting words.

People always say comments like that on a brand-centered forum.

Go to the Motifator forum:

-- The M3 sucks, the Fantom is old and tired.

Go to the Korg forum:

-- Fantom what? The ES was better than the XS

Go to the Roland forum:

-- I'll never sell my Fantom X. It is twice as good now as the Korg M3 and the Motif XS

• Members

People always say comments like that on a brand-centered forum.

Go to the Motifator forum:

-- The M3 sucks, the Fantom is old and tired.

Go to the Korg forum:

-- Fantom what? The ES was better than the XS

Go to the Roland forum:

-- I'll never sell my Fantom X. It is twice as good now as the Korg M3 and the Motif XS

Then of course, there is HC, where everything sucks..

• Members

I have a Fantom-S and I may be tempted to uppgrade if the new line is backward compatible. I'm expecting a bigger waverom set, new expension boards, more FX and extra filter shapes. The big question is if Roland did include additionnal type of synth engine, VA/V-Synth/new.

The letter scheme is confusing From S to X and back to G ???

Maybe a Fantom-Godzilla, we design the future and stomp on the competition !!!

• Members

I like the Fantom series.

There are some good sounds in there and a lot of potential to create my own.

But, since I'm a geezer who is proud to be a middle-aged new age dork, I play a Karma AND a M3 - LOL :)

...and loving every minute of it.

Cheers!

• Members

But, since I'm a geezer who is proud to be a middle-aged new age dork, I play a Karma AND a M3 - LOL
:)

Hmmm, Herbie Hancock has KARMA? He's no spring chicken, anymore. (just messin'):poke:

Seriously, I don't like using premade patterns, but now that I just bought the KARMA OASYS software to export my own GEs, this could get mighty fun! I don't mean melodic patterns, per say, but being able to program note on gate/stutter, filter and whatever else effects, could make for some interesting performance programming.

I'm busy, right now, but when I get around to it, I may post some examples.

As for Fantoms, they're great. I hope they really soup it up and add more FX processing

Archived