Deluxe Memory Man XO vs. "Big Box" DMM

• Members

Why? The 919 will be nothing like the DMM as Malekko has already stated. It is no DMM killer, nothing is.

If you want the sound of a DMM you get that because nothing else will suffice. That being said, the 600B I tried was awesome. I imagine that the 919 and 616 will be great.

phppPiBL0AM.jpg

I'd call that a DMM killer, along with the Skreddy Echo, myself.

YMMV :p

• Members

phppPiBL0AM.jpg

I'd call that a DMM killer, along with the Skreddy Echo, myself.

YMMV
:p

The Skreddy is nice but if you play it side by side with a DMM it's no contest. I think someone posted a youtube comparison of the two... some people may prefer the clearer digital repeats of the Skreddy, however.

What kind of modulation does the Malekko have?

• Members

The Skreddy is nice but if you play it side by side with a DMM it's no contest. I think someone posted a youtube comparison of the two... some people may prefer the clearer digital repeats of the Skreddy, however.

What kind of modulation does the Malekko have?

The big thing about the Skreddy is not just the clarity, but the modulation. Some prefer the more chorus-y modulation of the DMM, but forget that the Skreddy has an effects loop that colors only the repeats. This essentially allows you to put ANY kind of modulation or effect on the delay repeats you choose, its absolutely limitless. PS3 in mode seven, a POG, a phaser and vibrato, another delay, fuzz, etc. etc. You could even nail the DMM modulation, provided you find the right chorus pedal.

I believe Malekko said his modulation would be different than the DMM. He said it would go from classic vibrato, to crazy crazzzy stuff.

• Members

The Skreddy definitely has it's fans. I just think the DMM is better.

So the Malekko is pitch vibrato?

Just out of curiosity, not defensiveness, why do you think so? I had a DMM, and gladly sold it to fund the Skreddy knowing the construction quality would be better, it wouldn't need modifications to work well with dirt pedals, the sound would be more tape-like, and effects loop would allow INFINITE modulation possibilities.

Also, don't quote me on this, but I do believe the Malekko will be pitch vibrato. :)

Archived