OT: The House of Love

• Members

Any fans of this pre-ShoeGaze/C86 band?

I've been listening to their self-titled release today on vinyl, and I forgot how much I loved this album back in my college days. Great use of guitar effects all over the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvPfoDqxl_w

[YOUTUBE]jvPfoDqxl_w[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnzKGQJ-DpI

[YOUTUBE]cnzKGQJ-DpI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RUnoAUF3OCg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OXOgRvj76zI[/YOUTUBE]

61SSBKYBFQL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

• Members

yeah, I like them too....because of Sugar, Boo Radley's and Swervedriver I pretty much bought (or at least had on tape) everything on Creation Records...I agree that S/T is a great album.

• Members

I saw them open for Peter Murphy back in 1990. They used to play them on 120 Minutes all the time, which I watched religiously from about 1988 to 1992. The only song I remember by them though is I Don't Know Why I Love You.

• Members

his band levitation, I barely got to see at some poor "rave" in LA, and they went into this screaming loud white noise for a bit(sign of the times)... Great prog rock band english mags compared more to hawkwind at the time.

The members all seem to be great players but quite poor and didn't seem to like being around this cheezy side of Hollywood in an interview for the then famous "Request Video"(an old music video program for Huntington Beach KODC station I think was owned by Pat Boone).

• Members

I really wish the self titled was more readily available on CD. I have the cassette, but it's been stretched out since when I first got it. Loved their guitar sounds. I always felt like them and The Church (who I also love) were sort of in the same veign.

• Members

I really wish the self titled was more readily available on CD. I have the cassette, but it's been stretched out since when I first got it. Loved their guitar sounds. I always felt like them and The Church (who I also love) were sort of in the same veign.

Yeah I think the track 'Shine On' has a definite Church vibe.

• Members

Very nice! I haven't heard these guys in ages. Back in college a friend tried to get me hooked on several UK bands, including House of Love. Must have lost the CDs somewhere along the way. The only song I remember (before listening to the YouTube vids) is "Beatles and the Stones"

• Members
Any fans of this pre-ShoeGaze/C86 band?

Yep - I own every CD, CD single, 12", and 7" single they ever released. Creation, and post-Creation ;) And the Fontana label got nutty with that stuff.

I saw them live twice (both times in Chicago).

You *must* get Babe Rainbow. Absolutely fantastic. That album is a catalog of guitar tones that make my toes curl. And then there is the songwriting. A must.

And yea, Terry Bickers' post-HOL band, Levitation, was sh1t-hot. Totally underrated then and now, IMHO.

cheers,
Ian

• Members
Yep - I own every CD, CD single, 12", and 7" single they ever released. Creation, and post-Creation
;)
And the Fontana label got nutty with that stuff.

I saw them live twice (both times in Chicago).

You *must* get
Babe Rainbow
. Absolutely fantastic. That album is a catalog of guitar tones that make my toes curl. And then there is the songwriting. A must.

And yea, Terry Bickers' post-HOL band, Levitation, was sh1t-hot. Totally underrated then and now, IMHO.

cheers,

Ian

:wave: I had a feeling you'd be posting here, aeon :D

I'll definitely check out Babe Rainbow and Levitation. Maybe I'll even find them on vinyl somewhere.

Archived