New Boss vs. Old Boss

bmast160

• Members

i have a brand new dd6 and one that is older and the older one seems clearer...almost as if it has a better buffer in it. have they been reducing the quality of the buffer in recent years or using lower quality parts in newer pedals?

• Members

I've got 3 older black label mij boss pedals(2 are from 1982) and all of them totally kill the mit ones or any of boss' current stuff. Let your ears be the judge though. I got all 3 before the prices went crazy like they are now and i wouldn't let them go(well, unless i found something better that was true-bypass).
The buffer seems better on the old boss stuff but its still a buffer. You can tell a difference.......just play one thru an amp and then without and you can tell.

• Members

I've got 3 older black label mij boss pedals(2 are from 1982) and all of them totally kill the mit ones or any of boss' current stuff. Let your ears be the judge though. I got all 3 before the prices went crazy like they are now and i wouldn't let them go(well, unless i found something better that was true-bypass).

The buffer seems better on the old boss stuff but its still a buffer. You can tell a difference.......just play one thru an amp and then without and you can tell.

SPAM----------Hardwire valve distortion NIB FS, PM me if intrested..............

dude. wtf with the spam.

Archived