ot: mastodon!

jcksn1234

• Members

Brent said that they've got some crazy video screen thing on this tour.

yeah it is pretty big. when they played crack the skye all the way through they showed like this old russian themed silent film kind of transparent with like space stuff in the background. then when they played stuff from the other albums it would switch to the whale, horse, and three headed mountain beast. it was kind of funny because a 1 foot square of the screen kept blacking out. but that didnt matter cuz the show was so awesome.

i also didnt know that the drummer sang.

• Members

yeah it is pretty big. when they played crack the skye all the way through they showed like this old russian themed silent film kind of transparent with like space stuff in the background. then when they played stuff from the other albums it would switch to the whale, horse, and three headed mountain beast. it was kind of funny because a 1 foot square of the screen kept blacking out. but that didnt matter cuz the show was so awesome.

i also didnt know that the drummer sang.

Brann just started singing on this album. My mind was blown when i found out it was him. The other guys were shaky when they first started singing in mastodon, Brann jumped on that horse like a champ.

I really hope they do a dvd of one of these shows. That'd be so ace.

• Members

Brann just started singing on this album. My mind was blown when i found out it was him. The other guys were shaky when they first started singing in mastodon, Brann jumped on that horse like a champ.

I really hope they do a dvd of one of these shows. That'd be so ace.

yeah he was awesome. i had know idea and completely suprised me.

troy and especially brent's vocals have improved tremendiously. i have that dvd they released that was a whole bunch of live material, and they just sounded way better. i was completely suprised hearing the vocals on crack the skye for the first time.

yeah a live dvd would be so awesome!

• Members

Their vocals are ok. Better than they used to be (the singing part anyway). I really wish they'd go back to the Remission era vocals though. For the most part anyway.

guess it just depends on the person. i love remission and the vocals on it, and i especially love leviathan. i especially love metalbands that dont just scream all the time, but have vocal parts that are sang nicely. hope that makes sense. i think for each album mastodon has done, the vocals just seem to fit the music.

• Members

god he was so awesome last night! i dont know how he was able to just keep blast out song after song.

they had a cool band named kyleus or something like that. they had this chick singer and 2 drummers. it was quite an awesome night. if you get the chance you have to see them.

• Members

god he was so awesome last night! i dont know how he was able to just keep blast out song after song.

they had a cool band named kyleus or something like that. they had this chick singer and 2 drummers. it was quite an awesome night. if you get the chance you have to see them.

Kylessa. Another awesome metalesque band.

Between Mastodon, Baroness and Kylessa, Georgia pretty much owns metal right now.

• Members

Kylessa. Another awesome metalesque band.

Between Mastodon, Baroness and Kylessa, Georgia pretty much owns metal right now.

Sure does... Though a big part of Mastodon's fame building album sound is much thanks to a Seattlite, methinks. This last album soundscape seems a bit dimensionless though I like the musicality.

• Members

I'm seeing them here in Portland in a couple of weeks. Just saw them for the first time live last summer, on an off-night of the Mayhem tour (good thing, got to skip Slipknot and Disturbed), and it was heavy. I've been listening to them since Remission, hadn't had the pleasure of seeing them live before. Very cool, can't wait for this show.

Archived