Is the Fueltank Jr right for this board? *picture*

fluff

• Members

Hey fellas, this is my current pedal set up. It seems the fueltank jr is the perfect PSU with it's isolated outputs and whatnot. The only thing is the MXR chorus runs on 18v. Perfect, because the PSU lets you combine two of the 9v outputs with the Y cable. However this cannot be done unless the power consumption of the chorus is under 120 mA, and I cant seem to find out the consumption. Does anyone know cos' I'm ready to pull the trigger on this thing?

pedalf.jpg

P.S - I also plan on adding a wah pedal.

• Members

Also the DC Brick should work for your needs. Not isolated, but you may not need it. It will power the 18v pedals though (3) and 7 9v pedals.

Yeah I've checked out the Brick. TBH it seems expensive for what it does and I've read a few people saying it's noisy when using the 18v outputs.

Does anyone have a rough idea as to how much current a stereo chorus would draw?

• Members

Maybe just get a 1Spot for your other pedals, and a MXR 18v adapter for the chorus, then you know it's right. Maybe not ideal, but it will work fine this way, and not be that much. I would contact MXR for the current draw on the chorus, or look online, it might be there if they have a manual you can download.

• Members

It'll be fine. The chorus will only draw 30-40mA or so, so the Fuel Tank JR should be able to power it just fine. Also, the voltage doubler cable should be included in the box with the power supply.

If you add a wah, I'd actually run that on battery power - assuming it's a crybaby type (Dunlop, Vox etc), it will only draw a minute amount of power, so the battery will last ages. Assuming you unplug the cable from the input jack when you're not playing, of course.

Archived