Having a problem with my DD20...

Guiary

• Members

Hey all,

I was hoping someone on here might be able to shed some light on my problem.

I'm running a two head rig via A/B Y box and the guitar signal is being sent to both inputs on the amps. Also I'm using the FXs loop from both amps to run my Stereo Chorus and the DD-20.

Ok everything fine up to there? I've done this setup a few times before but now it's causing me problems.

When I have the DD-20 set to either SOS, Warp, Analog, Standard, Dual, Modulate, or Reverse everything works fine. I hear the delay from both amps at their respectable volumes (whatever the amp's volume is at the time)... Now the kicker. When I set the DD-20 to either Twist, Tape, Pan, or Smooth one amp plays the delay perfectly fine but the other amp will play the same delay tracking at about 3 times the volume of the first amp. So lets take the pan delay for example: Ping goes through amp 1, pong stupidly loud through amp 2, ping into amp 1 perfect, amp 2 the same as before.

Now I called Boss and asked them and they said it was normal :confused:... really? When I had it working perfectly before, where I could use all the settings with no volume issues was that the abnormality?

Anyway more detail, I've set up the DD-20 using setup 1 and powering it with a power pedal 2+ connected to slot 6.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Gary

PS if this is the pedals fault how do I go about getting boss to say ya it's a defect? I bought this pedal back in May 07 so the 5 yr warranty should still be in effect.

• Members

cant really help with this, but I had a similar problem with my DD-20. Presets 1+2 were always nice and loud no matter what setting was being used, but 3+4 were really quiet no matter where I had the level set. I added 4db boost and still could not get the presets 3+4 to be as loud as 1+2, they were pretty much unusable because it was so quiet. I tried another DD-20 in a store and had the same problem.

• Members

cant really help with this, but I had a similar problem with my DD-20. Presets 1+2 were always nice and loud no matter what setting was being used, but 3+4 were really quiet no matter where I had the level set. I added 4db boost and still could not get the presets 3+4 to be as loud as 1+2, they were pretty much unusable because it was so quiet. I tried another DD-20 in a store and had the same problem.

I don't have that problem at all.

• Members

I'll try it tomorrow through both of my amps and let you know what happens. I don't see what could be causing the volume boost.

I don't have that problem at all.

Thanks! It was working perfect before and now I'm having this problem. Luckily I don't have the problem that forprescription is having, but that problem alone seems like another pain in the ass.

• Members

I just ran it through both of my amps and no volume problems at all. Swap it for another one.

Excellent! Thanks I really appreciate that, now I have can call boss back on Monday and tell them that others don't have this problem.

BTW these pedals do have a 5 yr warranty right?

Archived