I'm downsizing my pedalboard...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You dont have any Sovtek stuff do you Fender&EHX?

Nope. Not that I have any prejudices against them, it's just that I had to draw the line $omewhere - so I drew the line at Nanos, Sovteks, and most XOs (with the exception of the SMMH, GeOD, and Holy Stain).

• Members

I just updated the pic so that the BlackFinger comes after the Tube Zipper. It sounds muuuuuch better that way.

Now don't go and rain on my parade, ninjaaron
:cry:

I'z sorry:cry:

I seriously can't understand only using one brand of pedals, but you can haz if you likes. I did build a boss board once, but I never actually plugged it in.

But hey, what the hell do I know? At least you chose good brands if your gonna do it that way.

• Members

I seriously can't understand only using one brand of pedals.

And I can understand not understanding, because most of my reasoning is purely emotional, not practical in nature. I just love stuff that's been around for a long time. Given the choice between a 2009 Lexus, or a 1966 Ford Mustang convertible in good condition... well, you know which one I'd choose.

66-convertible-black.jpg

• Members

And I can understand not understanding, because most of my reasoning is purely emotional, not practical in nature. I just love stuff that's been around for a long time. Given the choice between a 2009 Lexus, or a 1966 Ford Mustang convertible in good condition... well, you know which one I'd choose.

66-convertible-black.jpg

Well, when I'm in the economic situation to be sentimental about gear, what's to say I won't do the same thing?

Speaking of Mustangs, my folks used to have a 1964 1/2 Mustang convertible. It was pretty hawt. I wish it was still around so I could learn to drive stick.

That said, I'd go with the Lexus (or better yet, a 2009 Cadillac).

• Members

I'm probably not the best person to ask because I'm not much of a guitar connoisseur, and my opinion of the Bullet is somewhat biased for sentimental reasons.

I know Phil used to own more than one of them, and he once commented that he loved the neck on the Bullet. The neck on the '83 models is unique among all guitars in the Fender catalog - very thin and easy on the hand.

The body of the guitar is much smaller and lighter than other Fender guitars. There is no contour in it. I'm not sure what kind of wood was used. Possibly basswood, but I've never found a definitive answer.

How does it compare to my Tele, Mustang, or Jagmaster? First off, all 4 guitars sound completely different from each other. The Bullet is notable for its bridge position sounding the brightest of any ot the tones among the 4 guitars. The Tele is also bright, as you would expect, but the Tele is a top loader, so it has a sort of papery quality to the tone that the Bullet doesn't have.

Also, having a 5-way selector switch makes it very versatile. All 5 settings are very usable. That's no small thing, considering I only use 1/3 of the settings on my Mustang, and only 2/3 of the settings on my Jagmaster.

The CBS period of Fender is highly criticized in general for making shoddy products; but I've heard more than a few times from Fenderites that the Bullet series was one of the best products to come out of that period. Considering I've owned it since '83, I've gigged, rehearsed, and recorded with it, and I've never had any issues with it, that must say something
;)

thank you very much for all the info. :)

sounds like a right guitar for me; thin neck (my hands are small), light body, bright-sounding ('cause i'm currently playing through a bass-heavy, dark amp)... very tempted. :love:

Archived