OT: Are the people who 'really run the world' meeting this weekend?

• Members

Hmmm, let's see...

So a group composed of assorted high officials from the world of business and politics and no one has ever been able to actually get a copy of the minutes of these meetings or the agenda. Curious. So obviously these people are meeting to discuss how to make the world better for the rest of us.

It's a simple fact of business and politics that self interest is your only concern and others (including us rabble) only enter the picture when it serves their interest. To think otherwise is to either bury your head in the sand or just choose naivete.

There ARE other options besides Evil Paranoid Conspiracy or NOT Evil Paranoid Conspiracy.

Either way, people like these folks don't meet in order to discuss how to enrich us and make our lives better.

No tin foil required, just an honest understanding of typical human behavior.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Every individual doesn't live in a vacuum. Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect? Everything that happens in this world influences us in some way, it's inescapable.

I'm not able to say who is at the very top, but we live in a world where there is a top, and conspiracy or not, there are few that have the world in their hands. Of course they don't control everything. That's impossible. Why would they even want to? That wouldn't yield the profits they want, it would be a waste of time.

They just want to stay at the top. Such is the nature of the society we've built. But it's a cut-throat world, and they will do a lot to stay at the top, and at the top, you will find greed at its peak as well. Greed increases with power and wealth accumulated, it's exponential. There's a lot of things that have, are, and will happen because of their ambitions, and such ambitions have been prevalent in our society since it has started, it simply evolves with time.

The point is that there is no "top". There are people who have vast amounts of influence, but it's not a position they hold like a king. Capitalism is much too chaotic for that.

In other words... power is not held... power is relational. Those with influence benifit from the balance of power, which they of course manipulate as we all aspire to do.

Some for greed.. others for the social good.

• Members

I do believe there is something weird being discussed behind these doors. Call me one of those conspiracy theory fans but I do believe that humans are not stupid enough to just throw themselves into a mess unless someone pushes them into it, namely some big names.

• Members

Last update - 18:17 14/05/2009

Are the people who 'really run the world' meeting this weekend?

By Adam Abrams

Tags: conspiracy theories

The Bilderberg group, the topic of many conspiracy theories, is now meeting behind closed doors in Greece.

From today until May 17, approximately 150 of the most influential members of the world's elite will be meeting behind closed doors at a hotel in Greece. They are called the Bilderberg Group or the "Bilderbergers," and you have probably never heard of them.

I suspect that next week there will be youtube videos showing Alex Jones being arrested and detained at the Athens airport then shouting at a luxury hotel with a bullhorn.

• Members

Would you believe a jury selection waiting room in downtown Riverside?

True story. At least they have wifi.

I just dodged the bullet on a six day trial due to being self-employed. It apparently wasn't enough to get me sent home though.

Just tell them that when you were a kid you got roughed up by the cops and framed for something. And the lawyer told big lies to try to wrongly convict you. And that you've never quite been able to shake this deep seated feeling that all cops and lawyers are liars who cannot be trusted. ;)

They'll send you home.

• Members

The point is that there is no "top". There are people who have vast amounts of influence, but it's not a position they hold like a king. Capitalism is much too chaotic for that.

In other words... power is not held... power is relational. Those with influence benifit from the balance of power, which they of course manipulate as we all aspire to do.

Some for greed.. others for the social good.

I agree, that's a very valid, and realistic perspective. But what's to stop a bunch of big wigs to band together and split the ever greater profits reaped by cooperation? That happens on so many levels in society, why not have some of the most elite form a top echelon to make it more permanent and powerful? Isn't that what dynasties (familial as they are, they serve the same purpose) are? Crime lords, monopoly tycoons, and kings have all created dynasties to further secure their wealth in their hands, as well as in the hands of generations to come by their choosing. Hell, if I was in their position, I'd be crazy paranoid about my delicate empire and in the interests of my own financial/power security, I'd band with other willing without thinking twice.

I'll tell you this, while capitalism does breed greed and individualism, it can be very beneficial for people to collaborate, hence why it really never is a free-for-all if you really look at the grand scheme. Sure people get screwed, but you gotta keep an eye on your back at all times while working with others in order to survive in this game.

Archived