Why Vista sounds worse

TowJam

• Members

That's the opposite of what I want, all it does is run plugins without the convenience of their dedicated GUIs. If I'm going to use hardware I'll just use proper hardware thanks.

What I want is something that looks like a computer, has a screen and a mouse like a computer, I can plug whatever audio interface I want into it like a computer and will run Pro Tools or Live or Cubase like a computer, but doesn't have those things you don't need in a music machine like email, web access, virus checkers, fancy OS eyecandy.

:cop:YOU were the one asking for a custom Linux distribution for music production. You can't run Pro Tools, Live or Cubase on Linux, so I think you have no clue what you want from message to message.

No, you seem to not know what Receptor is. Of course you can use the convenient of the plug-ins' dedicated GUI with Receptor. Of course you can use a monitor and mouse with it: just plug them in. Unlike a regular computer, you just don't HAVE TO use a monitor and mouse with it. It also boots in 5 seconds. Let's see Vista do that. Receptor will also let you run many, many more plugins with lower latency.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, you seem to not know what Receptor is. Of course you can use the convenient of the plug-ins' dedicated GUI with Receptor. Of course you can use a monitor and mouse with it: just plug them in. Unlike a regular computer, you just don't HAVE TO use a monitor and mouse with it. It also boots in 5 seconds. Let's see Vista do that. Receptor will also let you run many, many more plugins with lower latency.

So you're saying that you can run Pro Tools, Live and Cubase on a Receptor, or you just didn't read my first post properly?

Anyway, I don't know why I bothered thinking out loud on this forum, I should have known what to expect. I'll go back to making music on my nice stable Mac and you can continue arguing without me, I won't be posting in this thread again. You are, however, welcome to try your best trolling. Good luck! :thu:

• Members

Any of you guys remember BeOS at NAMM a while back? The demo was impressive as hell. Emagic was actively working on a BeOS version of Logic at the time.

If you poke around the Steinberg ASIO and VST SDKs, you will find a few BeOS references in there as well...

• Members
Anyway, I don't know why I bothered thinking out loud on this forum, I should have known what to expect. I'll go back to making music on my nice stable Mac and you can continue arguing without me, I won't be posting in this thread again. You are, however, welcome to try your best trolling. Good luck!
:thu:

:blah::blah::blah::blah:
With your muddled brain, that's a good thing. Good riddance, ya f*cking moron. :wave:

Archived