my #1 is back in action

RoboPimp

• Members

I'd give it a go for sure, the clips I've heard sounded good. I doubt that I'll be buying one unless someone wants to trade for a triple recto. There's some very neat options on the V.

Dude, have you slept yet? I just read a post that you made at like 5am!

YOU NEED AT LEAST EIGHT HOURS PER DAY!

:cop:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favourite band related DVD of all time.... Keith Moon is so funny on it.

Robo... they look well nice, but over here in the UK they go for double what you paid, probably more...

• Members

not sure, I'm pretty sure it's the same tank in my other fenders, but it's much more subtle and smooth sounding. It cannot get the fender surf tones but it sounds great. Very natural sounding. Don't use it much tho.

I see our reverb needs are at opposite ends of that spectrum then... I ditched my twin reverb in favor of the huge sound from my Acoustic 137 combo [which I think they also made a Boogie rip off design too with the mini eq on the amp face] but the depth loses some of the short "plink" splashes at times that a fender unit can get...

• Members

Robo, that's one of those worn epi dots right? Did you change anything on it? Make me regret not getting one last year for $200

it's the dot studio which I guess is the "worn" finish.

haven't changed a thing on it yet, I was eyeing them up on MF when they had them for $199 but never jumped. Then a little while ago I stopped at a local shop and they had one sitting there for $250 with a gig bag. I strummed it a bit and liked the way it sounded so I grabbed it.

So far only two complaints, the "ears" are a bit bigger than say a real gibby 335 which makes the last few frets a bit cramped. And the "worn" finish. I'm guessing it's some kind of cheap lacquer or something but it's giving me a little bit of "gumminess" on the neck. It's starting to break in a bit and get a little smoother but seems like it will take a while.

other than that I like it a lot.

• Members

it's the dot studio which I guess is the "worn" finish.

haven't changed a thing on it yet, I was eyeing them up on MF when they had them for $199 but never jumped. Then a little while ago I stopped at a local shop and they had one sitting there for $250 with a gig bag. I strummed it a bit and liked the way it sounded so I grabbed it.

So far only two complaints, the "ears" are a bit bigger than say a real gibby 335 which makes the last few frets a bit cramped. And the "worn" finish. I'm guessing it's some kind of cheap lacquer or something but it's giving me a little bit of "gumminess" on the neck. It's starting to break in a bit and get a little smoother but seems like it will take a while.

other than that I like it a lot.

Are the pups decent sounding, do you think you'll replace them down the road? I'm considering picking one of those Dot's up.

• Members

Are the pups decent sounding, do you think you'll replace them down the road? I'm considering picking one of those Dot's up.

I like them so far, I think they're alnicoIIs, they are warm but have decent clarity. Not microphonic at all even with loads of gain. I doubt I'll be changing them any time soon.

• Members

man, this thread has me looking at mkII and mkIII combos on ebay....i miss my boogies. i would like to have a MKII b or C combo, or a green stripe mkIII maybe.....again.

but i would need a rocking roadie cart to haul it around :cool:

• Members

man, this thread has me looking at mkII and mkIII combos on ebay....i miss my boogies. i would like to have a MKII b or C combo, or a green stripe mkIII maybe.....again.

but i would need a rocking roadie cart to haul it around
:cool:

Axe FX. All you need is a breeefcase.

:poke:

• Members

Axe FX. All you need is a breeefcase.

:poke:

i wish i could. if i was doing mostly studio stuff, i would already have one.

you know what stops me?

NO FREAKING KNOBS.

WTF were they thinking???

even my johnson j-station has KNOBS.

Archived