NAD ! Yard sale prize !

• Members

Got lucky on saturday's garage sales hop. First I find an old Tokai TDS-1 distortion for 1$ (turns out it doesn't work), then I spot this amp: late 70's Traynor YGM-3 Guitar Mate, very clean. This thing has the best damn tremolo ever, good reverb and HUGE bottom end ! And it loves pedals ! I believe this is my best yard sale find ever...

IMG_0047.jpg

• Members

It hurts me that things like this don't happen outside of Ermerica.

you dont have stupid people in Europe that have yard sales and have a vintage combo amp out there that they dont know how much is worth? I don't believe that. Hell, you guys should be scoring the better amps (vox, hiwatt, orange, marshall)

• Members

driving down the street on trash day you have to swerve around the stacks of BF fenders laying in heaps waiting to be taken to the dump.

my apologies if I endangered you or your family with my filthy littering habit.

• Members

Hey Woodsmandan,

Great score on the Traynor. I have the exact same amp I bought at Long & McQuade in Toronto where I worked in the late 90's. It had been sitting on the repair shelf for 2 years. The guy dropped off the face of the earth, so they gave it to me for the price of the original repair - $90.

I just replaced the original Marsland speaker with an Eminence Cannabus Rex. What a difference! It's louder, more present, and handles the low end way better too.

Thanks fir the HM-2 by the way. I'm enjoying it thoroughly!

• Members

Hey Woodsmandan,

Great score on the Traynor. I have the exact same amp I bought at Long & McQuade in Toronto where I worked in the late 90's. It had been sitting on the repair shelf for 2 years. The guy dropped off the face of the earth, so they gave it to me for the price of the original repair - $90.

I just replaced the original Marsland speaker with an Eminence Cannabus Rex. What a difference! It's louder, more present, and handles the low end way better too.

Hey JPBenny! Glad you like the HM-2.

I was thinking about replacing the stock Marsland, thanks for the tip !

• Members

The cannabus rex is there greenback right?

I have an Eminence in mine but I dont know what kind its not labeled.

What drive pedals are you using?Mine is not taking to pedals that well.

Makes all my drives sound like fuzz pedals.

Maybe its the speaker.

Hey Woodsmandan,

Archived