OT: Songs that segue into each other?

• Members

Think Dark Side of the Moon, Abbey Road, OK Computer, Loveless, Bee Thousand, etc.

How do you guys burn a disc with songs that run together, and still assign start and stop points for the tracks without any interruption between?

I have a very old version of Cubase, so that isn't going to cut it; but it suits me fine, so I don't want to upgrade my audio software. I have Garage Band. Does Garage Band do this?

Is there any free software that does this?

I've been wanting to find an easy way to accomplish this for years now, and I've never found anything. :arg:

Oh, and what is your favorite song segue?

I'll start with:

"To Here Knows When" into "Swallow" off the Tremolo e.p.

"You Never Give Me Your Money" into "Sun King"

• Members

I know there's a way to do it, but I'm not sure how. I used to do it with Windows Media Player, but I forget how now. iTunes doesn't do it though, so don't bother. This thread is relevant to my interests though, as my band's CD doesn't sound quite as awesome with 4 seconds of silence between songs that segue together.

• Members

For my band's CD I had the entire thing recorded as one track, which is what it's meant to sound like, but to break it down into 12 individual passages I just imported it into Audacity and copy/pasted segments. So I'd highlight 0.00 - 4.51, copy/paste that into a new document and then delete it from the original track and repeat.

• Members

For my band's CD I had the entire thing recorded as one track, which is what it's meant to sound like, but to break it down into 12 individual passages I just imported it into Audacity and copy/pasted segments. So I'd highlight 0.00 - 4.51, copy/paste that into a new document and then delete it from the original track and repeat.

This works.

Or in cubase sequence everything together, then select each song, making sure it starts from exactly the same point as the one before stoped.

When you burn the CD make sure that the 'Disk at once' option is selected, that way it burns it without the 2 second or so gap inbetween songs which is default.

• Members

I use Audacity all the time, but I never thought of this approach. What did you do to burn the tracks to disc without any space between?

• Members

This works.

Or in cubase sequence everything together, then select each song, making sure it starts from exactly the same point as the one before stoped.

When you burn the CD make sure that the 'Disk at once' option is selected, that way it burns it without the 2 second or so gap inbetween songs which is default.

I don't think my version of Cubase has the Disk At Once option. Or is that in another software program?

• Members

I use Audacity all the time, but I never thought of this approach. What did you do to burn the tracks to disc without any space between?

I then converted each of the 12 tracks into a WAV file and opened those in itunes. Then I made a playlist of those tracks and burnt it to disc, making sure that there were no seconds of silence between each track (which is an option).

• Members

I then converted each of the 12 tracks into a WAV file and opened those in itunes. Then I made a playlist of those tracks and burnt it to disc, making sure that there were no seconds of silence between each track (which is an option).

I'll try this first, since I already have iTunes. Thanks!!! :thu:

• Members

That's in whatever you use to burn the cd. Usually in advanced options in the burn CD dialogue.

Gotcha! That's always been my problem. The disc burning software I've used all these years always had a default silence between tracks. I've since acquired a MacBook with iTunes, so I'll try that route.

• Members

OT: When will more of your music be available for purchase?

Thanks for asking, Jumbo Fuzz :love:

I'm going to have a little bit of time this summer to spend in the studio, so hopefully soon. I released the one single just to try out TuneCore and see if I wanted to use it. Seems legit, so I'll probably use it again. But now I want to promote a full length album. I just don't have a solid package to promote yet.

Archived