Suggest an envelope filter

• Members

I used have a Variwah. It was pretty lackluster, and the sweep was very short.

I was just posting my first thought.

Keep in mind...

I like Morley wahs, for the same reasons that most hate them.

Huge range, lack of 'throaty' distortion, no scratchy pot...

• Members

Moog MF101. if you get the CP251 and an expression pedal or two, you could get wah-like sounds, phasers, random filter bloops, and other such amazing sounds.
:thu:

MOOG!! one of the best sounding filters out there, if not the best. and the CV options can transform this pedal into much more than just an evelope filter--add an expression for a wah (both a conventional one & extreme one); add a cp251 for sample/hold (seek wah-ish) sounds, and all ranges of LFO modulated filter sounds.

price sounds like it's an issue though.

i've got a Dod FX25B (apparently has a little wider freq. range than the 25), and it's pretty great sounding. it's been rehoused, but i have zero issues with mine.

• Members

sometimes you can stretch $75 into a big-box q tron.

One time I bought a q tron and a bass microsynth from some dude for $75. He seemed normal, too, but in retrospect, that seems like too good of a deal . . .

Anyway, I don't see how you could not like a q tron if you like the sound of envelope filters. The down mode is so cool!

• Members

I have one of those Bi-Filters

got it used for the price of a new Q-Tron +

the Bi-Filter was discontinued too soon, you don't see these things for sale too often, I like the slow filter on that thing, you can get like a sweep down that lasts for 30 seconds and than sweeps up again.

:love:

Yep, it`s a Mike Beigel-design for E-H;

luckily I could get one "new in box" at the time... :)

sweet sweeps!

• Members

Maybe I sold my Q-Tron for too little, but I don't care. I hated it. Maybe mine was defective, but there was not a musical sound to be had in it. Same with the FX25B I sold ... so blah.

I haven't replaced them with anything yet, but hopefully I'll have a good one soon.

• Members

MOOG!! one of the best sounding filters out there, if not the best. and the CV options can transform this pedal into much more than just an evelope filter--add an expression for a wah (both a conventional one & extreme one); add a cp251 for sample/hold (seek wah-ish) sounds, and all ranges of LFO modulated filter sounds.

price sounds like it's an issue though.

money sucks. If I could live without any form of money, I would be happy.

first person to call me a communist is in trouble.

• Members

I want a FX25, never tried one though, weird.

the Digitech Bass Synth is pretty awesome with guitar, envelope mode is very tweakable and all around useful, plus you get 6 other types of filter fun, I'd get one but I just wanna try what else is out there, there's the Ibanez SB7 which looks pretty cool as well, and all of those you can get for less than a 100

• Members

isn't the moogerfooger a low pass filter and not an envelope filter?:poke:

They call it a Lowpass Filter, but it is so much more, one of the things that fit under the more categorie (this also haooens to be its main function) is envelope following filter.

Archived