EHX SMMH makes Boss DD7 Obsolete?

• Members

Would you just plug the exp. out into the input on the EB?

You'd use the output of the VP. You have to hold down the bypass on the DD-7 when you insert the cable from the VP/EXP pedal, then the light will turn from red to orange, that's when you're in the exp set up mode. Then you twist whatever knob you want to control to the max you want it to control, and set the other knobs to 0 so you don't control them. Then click the bypass again and it'll blink rapidly when it saves. Then you can set the other knobs how you'd regularly set them.

• Members

Yep, regular mono EB VP, you just run the out into the exp in on the dd-7 and set it to control 1, 2, or all 3 of the parameters. Good times.

How do you set it to control that? That'd be bitchin to do on stage (honestly I was bummed a show with your band didn't work out 'cuz I wanted to see how you did that sh!t on stage - but I got no complaints 'cuz we played a different show that weekend and made some good $$)...

Edit - never mind... saw you just responded.

I still love you, Donny.

• Members

Yep, regular mono EB VP, you just run the out into the exp in on the dd-7 and set it to control 1, 2, or all 3 of the parameters. Good times.

In that video I just have it only controlling the delay time, and I have the feedback set pretty high.

How do you set what it controls?

I don't have the manual anymore. I pretty much just use the pedal for standard delay sounds, but I need some tripped out sounds for some stuff I'm working on.

EDIT: Missed your doublepost. Gotcha. I'm going to try that tonight!

Archived