Going to see Steely Dan in concert tonight

• Members

My Uncle just let me borrow Aja the other day. I hadn't really given them much thought but he had some playing and I dug it. Have fun man!

Thanks :thu: I :love::love::love: the album Aja. I started listening to it when I was a sophomore in high school. I then took a summer trip to China in 1986, and listened to that album incessantly over my walkman. To this day, the album reminds of "Chinese music and the banyan trees, here at the dude ranch above the sea."

• Members

I saw them in 2006, and of all people to open...................wait for it.............................................Michael McDonald. hahaha. That's a great story to tell people my age.

Their guitar player was on fire. I was a little disappointed they didn't play Reelin' in the Years, because I was a diehard fan of Can't Buy a Thrill for a long while. Fagen and Becker are two great, great song writers.

• Members

Tonight reminded me that Gilmour, Clapton, Knopfler, and SRV get way too much hype. Walter Becker has one of the most distinctive, recognizable, and underappreciated Strat tones in all of Rock History.

"Third World Man" was the gleaming jewel of the night. Strange, because it was never one of my favorites, but they really made love to it tonight. I have a new respect for the song now.

I was thrilled to hear "Aja", "Home At Last", "Time Out of Mind", and "Josie" tonight. I was a bit disappointed by the lack of "Black Cow", "Dr. Wu", "Deacon Blues", "Do It Again", "Rikki Don't Lose That Number", and "Do It Again"; but they were brilliant all the same.

• Members

I was a bit disappointed by the lack of "Black Cow", "Dr. Wu", "Deacon Blues", "Do It Again", "Rikki Don't Lose That Number", and "Do It Again"; but they were brilliant all the same.

You expected them to play "Do It Again" twice?

I agree: SD wrote some terrific songs and their studio work is excellent.

• Members

Tonight reminded me that Gilmour, Clapton, Knopfler, and SRV get way too much hype.
Walter Becker
has one of the most distinctive, recognizable, and underappreciated
Strat
tones in all of Rock History.

"Third World Man" was the gleaming jewel of the night. Strange, because it was never one of my favorites, but they really made love to it tonight. I have a new respect for the song now.

I was thrilled to hear "Aja", "Home At Last", "Time Out of Mind", and "Josie" tonight. I was a bit disappointed by the lack of "Black Cow", "Dr. Wu", "Deacon Blues", "Do It Again", "Rikki Don't Lose That Number", and "Do It Again"; but they were brilliant all the same.

I am so jealous you got to see them.

Who played guitar for them?

• Members

Thanks
:thu:
I
:love:
the album Aja. I started listening to it when I was a sophomore in high school. I then took a summer trip to China in 1986, and listened to that album incessantly over my walkman. To this day, the album reminds of "Chinese music and the banyan trees, here at the dude ranch above the sea."

i pick up a new album whenever i go on a roadtrip, so i can have that same effect.

steeley dan influenced punk in the same way that huey lewis and the news infulenced grunge.

• Members

congrats! im not a particular fan.. but they got some nice songs...

can I just use this opportunity to mention that I'll be seeing George Clinton/Parliament/Funkadelic, Alice in Chains and De Staat (dutch band) live? looking forward to all of those!

Archived