Whats your favorite virtual Synth and why?

kennychaffin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My favorites, currently, the ones that get the most use, are Massive and FM8. I really *love* both of those. If I am in a situation and I need a sound fast, either one of them will either have the sound as a preset, or will take only minimal tweaking to get where I want it.

Over the long haul, however, VAZ and VAZ Modular have definitely been the most used synths I have. They have landed in more tracks and been a part of my arsenal for longer. Ive been using VAZ since version 1.4 way back before even the millenium - it was one of *the* first software synthesizers, and is still, in my opinion, one of the best.

• Members

Can't run it on any OS older than Win98, 'tho, right? So add in the cost of a spare PC....

It does sound good, I heartily agree.

nat whilk ii

You mean OS newer than...

Anyway, the cost of the PC isn't an issue (it doesn't need a very beefy one) but it's a bit of a hassle having to switch between computers and managing two of them. Also, I like to have everything saved in a single songfile.

• Members

My favorites, currently, the ones that get the most use, are Massive and FM8. I really *love* both of those. If I am in a situation and I need a sound fast, either one of them will either have the sound as a preset, or will take only minimal tweaking to get where I want it.

Over the long haul, however, VAZ and VAZ Modular have definitely been the most used synths I have. They have landed in more tracks and been a part of my arsenal for longer. Ive been using VAZ since version 1.4 way back before even the millenium - it was one of *the* first software synthesizers, and is still, in my opinion, one of the best.

Thanks Tony, great input.

KAC

Archived