Poll: Important or no? (New artwork pole)

RoboPimp

• Members

What program do you use with the mouse? I've tried to do vector type stuff in Photoshop and it's a logic nightmare just to get a simple curved line right.

Also, these things would look good on just about anything, but for pedals, I'd try to work some text into it. I find pedals look naked without titles and labels on them.

• Members

What program do you use with the mouse? I've tried to do vector type stuff in Photoshop and it's a logic nightmare just to get a simple curved line right.

illustrator, pen tool works exactly like photoshop tho?

I've used it for so many years it's second nature.

• Members

illustrator, pen tool works exactly like photoshop tho?

I've used it for so many years it's second nature.

The main problem with Adobe apps is that similar tools work differently across applications.

Indesign's approach to "clipping paths" for placed art is perfect. Illustrator is clumsy. The pen tools in Illustrator are perfect. The pen tools in Photoshop are almost useless. Command + ` toggles between open documents in Illustrator, Indesign, and every other program on the Mac, but in Photoshop, it's Ctrl-Tab (a Windows carry over).

Just make similar things work the same! :mad:

• Members

:bor:

looks like something that could be whipped up on a graphic program in mins. or maybe i just hate hippy {censored}?
:p

Obviously you're guessing about something you don't really have a clue about.

Let me assure you it takes more than "minutes", especially if you're making different, disparate elements all "fit" together like Robo does. I'm sure he could whip one of these out in a day (8 hours) but it's fussing over the details of the composition that results in it holding together. Easily a few days of work on one of the smaller pieces (like the one posted in this thread).

What you're saying is tantamount to, "Yeah using Logic, you could probably whip up a song in a few minutes." You might be able to "do it"... but it'd be {censored}.

• Members

I don't even really think about it :idk:

The main problem with Adobe apps is that similar tools work differently across applications.

Indesign's approach to "clipping paths" for placed art is perfect. Illustrator is clumsy. The pen tools in Illustrator are perfect. The pen tools in Photoshop are almost useless. Command + ` toggles between open documents in Illustrator, Indesign, and every other program on the Mac, but in Photoshop, it's Ctrl-Tab (a Windows carry over).

Just make similar things work the same!

• Members

Let me assure you it takes more than "minutes", especially if you're making different, disparate elements all "fit" together like Robo does. I'm sure he could whip one of these out in a day (8 hours) but it's fussing over the details of the composition that results in it holding together. Easily a few days of work on one of the smaller pieces (like the one posted in this thread).

What you're saying is tantamount to, "Yeah using Logic, you could probably whip up a song in a few minutes." You might be able to "do it"... but it'd be {censored}.

Don't bother. Robo's just getting griefed because he's Robo. No sense in applying logic to the situation.

Regardless, the work is quite nice.

• Members

Using the computer is just working for me. I used to be a die-hard crow quill and india ink guy and have no problem using other mediums but the computer is my infinite palette and canvas.

I have litte/no preflight, no rough sketches or plans with these... it's basically trying NOT to think, just letting things grow and develop on their own. Zen art. The only down side is I have piles of art that I work on and somehow it just fizzles out and I usually just start another one instead of forcing myself to finish. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, I have had a period of almost 10 years where I have done very little art so this is just so much fun for me.

• Members

Really sharp work man. Very primitive, and in your face.
I really like "Temporal" and "Dravick" for different reasons, but they are haunting in similar ways. :thu:
The pedal art is nice also, but do a few drafts till the right one comes along.
I will definitely be picking up an 11x17 one of these days.

• Members

in my job going between the different adobe apps is a blessing

I have to go between them and word, publisher, pagemaker, POWERPOINT??? etc...:arg::arg:
:deadhorse:
:arg:

Publisher? Powerpoint?!

SAY IT AINT SO!

You're a Mac guy right? I've been doing any Powerpoint stuff in Keynote! It's like... night and day. It's clean, organized, you can drag and drop PDF, EPS, PSD and AI files into it. It's a dream.

So do all the work in Keynote, then save as a PPT when done. It's pretty flawless and could save you an extreme amount of torment.

• Members

Publisher? Powerpoint?!

SAY IT AINT SO!

You're a Mac guy right? I've been doing any Powerpoint stuff in Keynote! It's like... night and day. It's clean, organized, you can drag and drop PDF, EPS, PSD
and
AI files into it. It's a dream.

So do all the work in Keynote, then save as a PPT when done. It's pretty flawless and could save you an extreme amount of torment.

I get powerpoint files from customers to use for PRINT purposes

I would never touch that crap in a million years...

throw it into the lava pit

Archived