Boss GT-10 Questions

pencho

• Members

I'm looking at a GT-10 as a backup to my pedalboard and have a few questions. I read the review section but didn't find these answers.

I pretty sure the fx will work out ok, I'm more concerned about the od and distortion on the GT-10. How good are the 808, rat and fuzzface on the GT-10? Can you combine them on a single preset, say I want an 808 and fuzz turned on, can I do that? My old digi rp250 would only allow 1 od/distortion at a time.

Anybody using pedals for od/dirt and a GT-10 for all fx, compressor, eq etc? How is that working for you? Thanks!

• Members

i used a GT10 for the last few shows with my band, some using the amp's distortion, then finally settling on using the on board distortions of the GT-10. I like the rat model and use it a lot, although I haven't owned a real rat in years so I can't do a direct comparison. You can't do more than one dirt pedal in a preset - the only kind of dirt stacking you can do is pedal into dirty amp sim (or vice versa.)

Overall, I'm very happy with the GT-10, and I've owned tons of individual pedals and tried many different multi FX units over the years. As a backup to your main board, I would highly recommend it. Although you can't stack the drive pedals, I'm sure with a bit of time you could get the sounds you want out of it.

• Members

Thanks for the the reply. I was afraid of the lack to stack :) Would be interested in more comments on how the GT-10 od/dirt pedals stack up to the real deal and if anyone is using a combination of pedals and GT-10 to get the best of both.

• Members
Thanks for the the reply. I was afraid of the lack to stack
:)
Would be interested in more comments on how the GT-10 od/dirt pedals stack up to the real deal and if anyone is using a combination of pedals and GT-10 to get the best of both.

the trick i found with the ovd/fuzz is to combine it with the eq, it will breathe life into them, without the eq on the ovd's are lame

Archived