Help me evolve from an all-in-one system.

Rabid

• Members
that's a lot of questions.

LOL. Yes it is. I've actually been browsing the forum quite a bit lately, but I think that causes even more questions. You can pick one and just go with that if you wish. Maybe and easy one. What's your favorite Wah pedal? Why? oops. That's two isn't it? Ack. Now I turned it into three. ;)

• Members

Hey, thanks. This gives me a good start. I'm building a wish list and I think the Dunlop 535A multi-wah will be at the top of the list. I want a clean chorus that can really stand out, and a gritty flange/phaser. I'll research those next. I'll also start looking into the Pedaltrain and the power supplies you mentioned.

• Members

I think you will be more satisfied with separate chorus, flange, delay, and wah effects units/pedals than a multieffects unit. Of course the disadvantage is you will probably pay more this way, but you already see one advantage - the user interface advantage by having direct access to each individual pedal instead of dealing with multieffects unit presets, menu diving, etc.

Other advantages:

- The ability to mix and match, swapping individual effects in and out of your rig as your tastes evolve over time.

- Quality of individual effects units can be higher than what you'll find in a multieffector... if you're willing to pay for the quality.. Example: Moog analog phaser pedal vs. the phaser in just about any digital multieffects product.

Archived