OT: Movies that you walked out on/turned off midway through.

MuffFuzz

• Members

I am way too old to be a hipster....Memento was a steaming pile...there are no words to describe the awfulness of Kill Bill. Popularity has nothing to do with my taste.
:wave:

Oh, come on. Hate on Memento all you want, but Kill Bill was fun.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

wait, I also kinda wanted to turn off Reservoir Dogs when they cut off the guys ear and lit him on fire, but the movie had been so good up to that point that I stuck it out.

He never got lit on fire.

He was shot.

Just sayin'.

• Members
Oh, come on. Hate on Memento all you want, but Kill Bill was fun.

guess I'm not down with video game/cartoon violence and vapid dialogue. In all honesty, I think Quentin Tarantino exhausted his creativity with Pulp Fiction, now he is just a coke addled ego maniac foisting rehashed "B" movie garbage from the Far East on the world as his "vision"... JMHO :blah:

• Members

You guys have actually walked out movie theaters after paying $10? :eekphil:
Anyway,
The Knowing... Well, we got through half of it and then we started making fun of it during the other half.
The Ten- :facepalm: I really love The State and Paul Rudd, but this sucked! Except for when the girl tried to spell Arnold Schwortjhhhewnegger, that was kind of funny.
The Ugly Truth- I didn't walk out, but I saw some people who did and I envied them greatly.
The Love Guru- Love Mike Myers, but no.

• Members

He never got lit on fire.

He was shot.

Just sayin'.

But the guy did pour gas on him and was messing around with that cigarett (I think... It's been a while). I thought they were going to light him on fire. I just felt bad for that guy. He had it rough.

• Members

But the guy did pour gas on him and was messing around with that cigarett (I think... It's been a while). I thought they were going to light him on fire. I just felt bad for that guy. He had it rough.

He was definitely going to get torched, if his attacker had not been shot.

In the end, that was one of the only events that actually happened in the movie.

Everything else was pretty much inferred.

I could watch that a dozen times, just to see Harvey Keitel try to light that damned zippo.

• Members
guess I'm not down with video game/cartoon violence and vapid dialogue. In all honesty, I think Quentin Tarantino exhausted his creativity with Pulp Fiction, now he is just a coke addled ego maniac foisting rehashed "B" movie garbage from the Far East on the world as his "vision"... JMHO
:blah:

Dude, that was one movie - after that he rehashed B movie garbage from America. ;)

But what about Jackie Brown? It's certainly derivative, but no more than Pulp Fiction. I didn't think there was anything wrong artistically with Kill Bill either. He decided to make a silly homage to 70s kung fu. It was pretty consciously stupid, but fun, which was the point. The movie was a party. Regardless of your feelings on it, I think he gave it his all, his heart was in it, and I don't think there was anything lazy about it. He worked for years on the thing.

I think he crossed that line with Deathproof though, and now Inglorious Bastards. I haven't seen it, but I'm sure it's the same. He's lost in his little Tarantino world, and doesn't feel like bothering making characters truly sympathetic anymore, or giving the movies some solid organization. I'm sure it's going to be a total {censored}ing mess. I'm sure he's having a great time, but we probably won't be so much.

• Members

"On Golden Blonde".Though it might of just been bad because it was made before Christy Canyon was able to fine tune her acting chops.

I did walk out of The Blair Witch Project.I got to the multiplex late and had to sit in the very first row of seats.After 30 minutes,the motion sickness was too much.The night wasn't a total loss,as me and my buddy simply slipped into another movie screening to watch American Pie.

Ed

Archived