Hey now Liquid Sunshine!

• Members

Always been curious about the LS.

Is it on the fizzier side or the smoother side?

How's the touch response?

Does it blow not having a tone control?

can be either. spent most of the morning with it cranked... when you want teeth, its got 'em, when you need a more subtle boost into natural OD territory it does that very well too. not as smooth as, say, the sweet honey I just let go of but MORE gain and at level of touch responsiveness that was acceptable for sure. its surprisingly dynamic.

no tone control is honestly fine for me, with my guitar tone knob and SBEQ on the board i can usually make any quick tweaks I need... aside from finding the sweet spot with the tone rolled back on my jazzmaster's bridge position though, i really didn't even think about it. it just sounded good. a LITTLE bright through my fender but not overly so and not at all brittle.

gonna play around more with the trimpots and stuff today!

I also just got a big ass 8 loop loopmaster box so i may be in board reorganizing hell for a couple of nights

• Members

It has tone controls - the drive knobs themselves also help to EQ the pedal as well as the internal switches.

When I had one, it could cop really decent Lovepedal CoT50 tones at certain settings, tweed at others, more midrangey near TS type stuff. Thats a pretty wide range of tones for a pedal that doesn't have a 'proper' tone control.

Brian got it right in the voicing - those Drive knobs are really pretty {censored}ing cool in the toneshaping capability they have.

Archived