OT:Pol: and you don't have to click on it, now do you?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's amazing what you find when you "google" information on the admittedly left-wing Google.

Drool likes to (apparently) cite the the WPO poll about Iraqis wanting us out, but, if you look at that poll in detail, it's not because we're slaughtering civilians in the streets and raping the women, it's because the Iraqis like their government and trust it enough to start taking over. And the Iraqi government DEFINITELY doesn't want us out (but of course, they are puppets, right?) Some references are here:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article1530526.ece

http://hnn.us/blogs/entries/30289.html

And, the Lancet study is full of crap, just like the first one. Half of the funding came from (in)famous liberal zealot and money-man George Soros. Now, drool et al will say "what does that matter?" but, of course, any government study, or study funded by right-wing interest is quickly discredited because of who is funding it. It must work both ways.

Also, why hasn't the Lancet data been released so it could be analyzed objectively? They may SAY what their methods were, but where is the data?

And what about Riyadh Lafta? From the Fumento piece:

"Lafta was the man in charge of the actual collection of numbers, while another Lancet author was in Iraq but holed up in a hotel. As National Journal notes, Lafta was also a high-ranking official in Saddam Hussein's ministry of health and there authored some of the agit-prop papers about the vast number of small children dying from sanctions the U.N. imposed after the 1990 invasion of Kuwait."

"The assertion that half a million Iraqi children had been killed by sanctions was criticized by no less than the Nation magazine, which noted that in the autonomous Kurdish region in the north child mortality rates actually fell."

http://www.fumento.com/military/lancet2008.html

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3177653.ece

There is propaganda everywhere - for every point of view. Some parts of the government release pro-occupation propaganda, other parts (like the State Department and Congress, not to mention the CIA) release anti-occupation propaganda.

But, for drool to suggest that the media is protecting Bush and his war is laughable at best. The only pro-military, pro-occupation news comes out of the "new media" - not the papers and television. How about using your precious Google to search for pro-war, pro-occupation slanted news? Go ahead, any moron can do this and see the great majority of news is anti-Bush, anti-occupation and for that matter anti-Republican anti-conservative.

And I love the Ivory-Tower-Wanna-Be elitism - I can call you a {censored}ing moron, too, moron. You consider your view humane? Let's suppose there are 650,000 Iraqi deaths related to the war, is that blood worth nothing? If we pull out Iran and Syria will roll over Iraq, only after unleashing Al Qaeda in numbers that make today's activities seem woefully trivial. This is what the Iraqi government worries about.

And it won't be a "simple", shot-bang-yer-dead bloodbath, it'll be horrendous torture like piano-wire-skinning-your-face-and-letting-you-bleed-to-death-in-front-of-your-family type stuff that was favored by Al Qaeda prior to the surge.

Is that humane? We're there now, you can't change that. We have committed to those people whether you agree or not - can't you raise your head and take on that commitment instead of pulling out just because that would be some sort of ideological victory here? What's more important to you, blood or ideology?

If we pull out, Iraq is certain to fall - Iran will attempt to take over Iraq. The rest of the Middle East will see this as a threat to them, and the entire region breaks out into war. Goodbye oil imports. Not only our economy worsens, but the European economy worsens, too. Right now Western economies are fragile so make of that what you will.

But this is what your brothers and sisters in Russia and China want to happen. Communism is not dead in Russia, right Mr. Putin? They have always sworn to take us down. Patience and cunning is your enemies' best strategy. The "war" didn't end when the wall came down.

America sucks, and deserves to be ruled by the ChiComs, no? Our communists friends have model societies and have never done wrong to their people - and everyone in those societies is equal. Right? No violence - no greed - no feelings are hurt - everything is fair.

• Members

I wouldn't know, I failed history. I'm guessing there's no gift certificate involved for this specific accomplishment?
:lol:

Seemed to make sense at the time. In any event, I'm sorry your confused, but overjoyed that through it all you've retained your capacity for semi articulate sarcasm.

Okay, here's what I was trying to say in own confusion inducing way. I think hearing both sides of an argument in certain discusions is very much overestimated (and incidentally a technique usually coveted by inbreds and mongoloids, but you didn't hear that from me, in fact I don't agree with it at all) to the point of absurdity, and can actually drag a discussion down, when it comes to many a thing, especially when one of the sides is... well, for example, take evolution...please! By the way, I just flew in from indignation and boy is my passive aggresiveness tired! But I disgress, whatever that means (I failed english too.) One mans opinion. I'd nueter my postion further but I think I've reached the legal limit.

Anyways, I thought it applied. If it didn't, feel free to invade a third world country, kill it's leaders and convert it's people to christianity, which, if I'm reading between the lines of your post correctly, and I'm sure I undoubtedly am, is what your really after.

In any event, like the stand up guy I am, I forgive you. That's right! It can happen to anyone. Feel free to brag to your friends, I would. In fact I will. In fact I'm doing it right now.

Really, for real, on the level, with sincerity levels medium high, I'm not tryin ta give ya hassles, I don't want to be a thorn in anybodies proverbial paw. But, uh, what? Yeah.

What were we talking about? Oh, right. Sorry but I'm in a commited relationship right now. Goodbye my love, I'll always remember the good times.
:cry:

P.S. I edited this down from a twenty thousand word rebuttal I wrote in a sobriety induced fever. If anybodies interested in reading the whole thing, it can be found in it's entirety at fictiouswebsite.com/non-existant.

drugs are baaaad.... mmmmmmmmmm kay.....

• Members

It's amazing what you find when you "google" information on the admittedly left-wing Google.

Drool likes to (apparently) cite the the WPO poll about Iraqis wanting us out, but, if you look at that poll in detail, it's not because we're slaughtering civilians in the streets and raping the women, it's because the Iraqis like their government and trust it enough to start taking over. And the Iraqi government DEFINITELY doesn't want us out (but of course, they are puppets, right?) Some references are here:

And, the Lancet study is full of crap, just like the first one. Half of the funding came from (in)famous liberal zealot and money-man George Soros. Now, drool et al will say "what does that matter?" but, of course, any government study, or study funded by right-wing interest is quickly discredited because of who is funding it. It must work both ways.

Also, why hasn't the Lancet data been released so it could be analyzed objectively? They may SAY what their methods were, but where is the data?

And what about Riyadh Lafta? From the Fumento piece:

"Lafta was the man in charge of the actual collection of numbers, while another Lancet author was in Iraq but holed up in a hotel. As National Journal notes, Lafta was also a high-ranking official in Saddam Hussein's ministry of health and there authored some of the agit-prop papers about the vast number of small children dying from sanctions the U.N. imposed after the 1990 invasion of Kuwait."

"The assertion that half a million Iraqi children had been killed by sanctions was criticized by no less than the Nation magazine, which noted that in the autonomous Kurdish region in the north child mortality rates actually fell."

There is propaganda everywhere - for every point of view. Some parts of the government release pro-occupation propaganda, other parts (like the State Department and Congress, not to mention the CIA) release anti-occupation propaganda.

But, for drool to suggest that the media is protecting Bush and his war is laughable at best. The only pro-military, pro-occupation news comes out of the "new media" - not the papers and television. How about using your precious Google to search for pro-war, pro-occupation slanted news? Go ahead, any moron can do this and see the great majority of news is anti-Bush, anti-occupation and for that matter anti-Republican anti-conservative.

And I love the Ivory-Tower-Wanna-Be elitism - I can call you a {censored}ing moron, too, moron. You consider your view humane? Let's suppose there are 650,000 Iraqi deaths related to the war, is that blood worth nothing? If we pull out Iran and Syria will roll over Iraq, only after unleashing Al Qaeda in numbers that make today's activities seem woefully trivial. This is what the Iraqi government worries about.

And it won't be a "simple", shot-bang-yer-dead bloodbath, it'll be horrendous torture like piano-wire-skinning-your-face-and-letting-you-bleed-to-death-in-front-of-your-family type stuff that was favored by Al Qaeda prior to the surge.

Is that humane? We're there now, you can't change that. We have committed to those people whether you agree or not - can't you raise your head and take on that commitment instead of pulling out just because that would be some sort of ideological victory here? What's more important to you, blood or ideology?

If we pull out, Iraq is certain to fall - Iran will attempt to take over Iraq. The rest of the Middle East will see this as a threat to them, and the entire region breaks out into war. Goodbye oil imports. Not only our economy worsens, but the European economy worsens, too. Right now Western economies are fragile so make of that what you will.

But this is what your brothers and sisters in Russia and China want to happen. Communism is not dead in Russia, right Mr. Putin? They have always sworn to take us down. Patience and cunning is your enemies' best strategy. The "war" didn't end when the wall came down.

America sucks, and deserves to be ruled by the ChiComs, no? Our communists friends have model societies and have never done wrong to their people - and everyone in those societies is equal. Right? No violence - no greed - no feelings are hurt - everything is fair.

Ultimately, I don't think that one gets anywhere by reading drivel written by right wing idiots with flapping mouths. You can justify whatever atrocities you want on your own time. I see that flapping jaw, and my eyes glaze over.

Archived