New Alice in Chains album

warioblast

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Huge aic fan here, I will give it a full listen tomorrow. So far it's sounds decent as I have only listened to the first 20 secs of each song.

Duvalls voice had no character at all, he's just a regular guy with a normal voice who can sing, there is nothing special about him. They could have picked much better singers out there such ad Cornell or Scott weiland, they both would have joined without hesitation as the timing was right for all at the time

• Members

Huge aic fan here, I will give it a full listen tomorrow. So far it's sounds decent as I have only listened to the first 20 secs of each song.

Duvalls voice had no character at all, he's just a regular guy with a normal voice who can sing, there is nothing special about him. They could have picked much better singers out there such ad Cornell or Scott weiland, they both would have joined without hesitation as the timing was right for all at the time

Dude, I'm telling you. He kills live, I was amazed.

Way better than when I saw Cornell in Audioslave, that's for goddamned sure.

• Members

This kind of music just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I still like a couple classic AIC tracks and all, but overall it's just big dumb rock..... meh.

This isn't trying to knock anyone liking this band or any band like it. Everyone is entitled to listen to and like what moves them, I'm not trying to be a dick, but overall this just sounds done to death. I just don't understand how a musician like Cantrell (or Adam Jones, or any number of "rock guys" of that era) can just write the same "type" of song with the same gear over and over and over. You'd think they'd want to pick up a new pedal, pick up a new instrument, try a new approach, experiment or something........ I'd get {censored}ing bored if I were in his shoes :idk:

Not everyone has to be Radiohead, so by no means am I saying that either, but {censored}, even the freaking Deftones tried something else on White Pony etc......

/rant ;)

• Members
:facepalm:

No, nickelback is definition of :facepalm:

I am not wrong on this one. Nickelback is fabricated bull{censored} radio rock. AIC was good, but not good enough for Cantrell to still retain his cool dude points. If the dude was my best friend, it would be the same way.

Nickelback to me perfectly represents what's wrong with popular music these days, if not modern society as well. The fact that you can have such a blatant lack of talent and still be the "#1 rock band in the world!!!11" and sell millions of albums shows what a sorry state the average music purchasing individual is in. There is nothing creative or unique about their music; it is simply boring maintstream modern rock created for the sole purpose of selling albums, not creating artwork.

So, for someone to work with a band who, in my eyes, is ruining music as a whole, makes them pretty much working with the enemy. Nickelback is at the head of a wave of {censored}ty bands who are removing creativity from modern music. I'm not sure what JC was thinking, but touring with them has taken away all of his "good musician" points, forever.

• Members

That's no secret that most of the time Cornell's live performances blow.

So wrong that I feel a little bit sick inside. Cornell had vocal issues during Audioslave but he has been pretty damn solid for the rest of his career, especially now. Shame the stuff he's writing sucks but his live shows are incredible.

• Members

So wrong that I feel a little bit sick inside. Cornell had vocal issues during Audioslave but he has been pretty damn solid for the rest of his career, especially now. Shame the stuff he's writing sucks but his live shows are incredible.

Post Euphoria Morning material went mediocre to horrible...

what the hell happened to the awesome songwriter?

• Members

No, nickelback is definition of
:facepalm:

I am not wrong on this one. Nickelback is fabricated bull{censored} radio rock. AIC was good, but not good enough for Cantrell to still retain his cool dude points. If the dude was my best friend, it would be the same way.

Nickelback to me perfectly represents what's wrong with popular music these days, if not modern society as well. The fact that you can have such a blatant lack of talent and still be the "#1 rock band in the world!!!11" and sell millions of albums shows what a sorry state the average music purchasing individual is in. There is nothing creative or unique about their music; it is simply boring maintstream modern rock created for the sole purpose of selling albums, not creating artwork.

So, for someone to work with a band who, in my eyes, is ruining music as a whole, makes them pretty much working with the enemy. Nickelback is at the head of a wave of {censored}ty bands who are removing creativity from modern music. I'm not sure what JC was thinking, but touring with them has taken away all of his "good musician" points, forever.

The "enemy" lol.

Tell me, in your opinion, what bands create "art"?

This isn't a defense of Dickelcrap, they're a terrible band. But that honestly doesn't make me angry in any way. They make {censored} music, for dumb people. They're rich, but that never solved any problems. Do you envy their position? Do you feel others should be in it?

Frankly I don't think music was ever supposed to get to uber, mega, omg rockstar levels. That {censored} is an apparition of a time past, and it's going the way of the dinosaur man.

• Members

Love radiohead but since Kid A they haven't sounded drastically different. In rainbows is not totally different then kid A, amnesiac or HTTT more like a culmination of the three. All there new singles they are realeasing lately also sound like they could have been on in rainbows. This is not a knock at radiohead I love them and they were one of the most innovative bands of their time. But each band has their sound.

If your looking for a 90's band that changes with every album you have to look no further than Stone Temple Pilots. They caught a lot of heat earlier in the careers from the media, but they don't have one album that sounds remotely like the other

Archived