This is disappointing (Gibson + Jimi content)

jhamnett

• Members

HERE - only small pics though

So, according to that Guitar World article, they're all going to be cheapies? The most expensive being $450 MSRP? So, these are going to be cheap packages sold through Gibson/Epiphone dealers I suppose. It looks like they just have a signature on the headstock. The pictures are small, but I don't see a Gibson or Epiphone logo.

news-jh1.jpg

news-jh2.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I won't lie, I'd like to try one of these out, but if they are gonna be package guitars I have my doubts. I thought they were gonna be a production model or something.

yeah. gibson trying to make a hendrix strat would have made me PISSSSSED

this is like whatever. on par with starcasters and the like.

janie hendrix just takes her brother's name wherever money calls her.

Rockstar%20Energy%20Drink%20Jimmy%20Hend

052807jimi.jpg

there's a hooters/hendrix energy drink too but it's blocked at my school.

136704002.jpg

kalidescope

sidebar_ibomb.jpg

403203001.jpg

airbrushed biker jacket, $1870 :eek:

• Members

Extreme fail. Actually, it'll probably fly off the shelves (lots of dads/grandfathers buying a Hendrix guitar + "10 watt Max Feedback amplifier" kits for their young ones.

Like one of the comments on the GW page said - this from a company that sued PRS over trade dress infringements (the Singlecut looking too much like a Gibson guitar)... now they put out a slightly bent strat shape with an upside down Yamaha Pacifica headstook (black guitar) or Zion/Suhr headstook (white guitar).

They will probably sell, like the other guitar/amp packages that seem to litter the music stores these days, but still a huge :facepalm

• Members

So the trems are normal? Why they hell is there a huge route in the back of the guitar body?

Also, pickguard even though the controls are through the body? So, in order to fix or change a pickup, I gotta take the knobs off?

FAIL

I pray that you're never in a position where you have to change a pickup on that guitar.

• Members

I'd think the guitars in the first post are more expensive versions coming later, possibly with some sort of Kahler/Jazzmaster type tremolo. The ones in the articles are the cheapo beginner's pack versions. The headstock pictured in the OP looks quite different than the ones on the budget guitars.

So, that'd be a line of budget Hendrix strats from Gibson :freak: and a deluxe line of Hendrix strats, sans pickguard and with a weird tremolo, also from Gibson. I know it might not seem like it, but I am truly at a loss for words...

Archived