Higher gain dirt boxes again...

LR Weizel

• Members

I was fairly set on getting a Dirty Bomb, but I'm holding off until I can find one second hand as I don't have a lot of money at the moment. Eventually though I think I'm likely to want more than one higher gain OD so I'm still open to other ideas.

I found out about the new Digitech Hardwire series, and the Valve distortion in that sounded really good. I'm wondering what other pedals there are along those lines.

• Members

I'm interested in the Dirty Bomb too. I didn't have a good experience with the Damage Control Solid Metal or the Blackstar HTDrive (or whatever it is). Or the Metal Zone (even Keeley mod). Crunch Box was pretty awesome, I just needed more headroom for it, so until I get the ability to make it 18V it's going to be on the backburner.

• Members

I'm thinking maybe I should get both a Crunch Box and Dirty Bomb at some stage... they both cover different territories that I'll probably use in my sound. It'd be too much to hope for something that can do the Territory of both since Dirty Bomb does so much as it is.

Archived