ebay pedal-how do I return/get a refund?

surfcat

• Members

I bought a pedal on ebay and the sellers ad says no refund, but there was some undisclosed damage and an issue with background noise so what do I do? I used paypal. I emailed that I wanted to return it based on "item not as described". Assuming everything there goes okay, does paypal refund my money, or does the seller have to authorize for them to charge it back? Does it go back on my credit card? What happens first-I send the pedal or I get my paypal refund?

• Members

No refund policy is bull{censored}, they have to give you a refund and it's not their choice

Paypal should help you out if it's damaged and then you have to return the item and then Paypal will refund you, how long has it been since you got it a requested a refund?

If he doesn't refund you, escalate to a claim and Paypal will force him to refund you and the money will be returned to the card you used to pay for it

• Members

well, having the last thing I ever sold on ebay (a year ago) show up exactly as described but claimed as not as described I can alert you that you have the power.

The seller's funds will be pulled, if he is a PP user his account will be locked until he comes through, and you will win.

You will need to describe the not as described issue(s), seller will defend himself, ebay will not look at any of the documantation, and you will be asked to return the merchandise upon receipt of your refund.

In my case the item was returned, worked exactly as described, but the new battery (laptop) that I had installed before posting the auction was replaced with a burnt out batery that would hold charge for 8 minutes, and when I crawled in to get everything functioning I found that the bios battery had been stolden and was missing as well.

Guess what? No remedy nor way to start my own claim when this happened.

You are in good shape to get your purchase price returned, you will need to eat the shipping.

Ebay is not a perfect world for sellers, buyers have a little more horsepower.

good luck

Archived