Re: Effect pedal maintenance

tlchase68

• Members

I've had pedals get water damaged before. Usually just some general cleaning is enough to get them going again after they're dried off. I had a chorus that was heavily water damaged, and still all I needed to do other than cleaning was replace the electrolytic caps.

• Members

maybe clean the controls and jacks, then. I would open it up first and take a peek inside to see if there's anything obviously wrong - like stuff leaking out of components or tons of rust all over. I had a bunch of pedals that spent a long time in a basement and they survived more or less fine.

• Members

Concur with opening it. When I get a used pedal in the mail, I always open it, blow any dust/dirt out lightly with compressed air, check out the general condition of the parts, and then use DeOxit or general contact cleaner on the jack contacts as well as lubricate the pots. This is usually good for years of use.

Jay

• Members

Concur with opening it. When I get a used pedal in the mail, I always open it, blow any dust/dirt out lightly with compressed air, check out the general condition of the parts, and then use DeOxit or general contact cleaner on the jack contacts as well as lubricate the pots. This is usually good for years of use.

Jay

I've looked a couple of places for DeOxit...Is it hard to find?

Archived