Did fender [or anyone else clone] make a "deluxe reverb" with a mid control?

hangwire

• Members

Why don't you just remove the tonestack from the deluxe reverb and put in a typical (I assume) fender tonestack. I say typical because it's the tonestack used on the tonestack calculator and it has a mid knob. Adjust the few componants to taste based off of the tone calculator output, then there you go.

I'd guess an amp tech could do it too... if you already have a deluxe reverb that is.

• Members

Why don't you just remove the tonestack from the deluxe reverb and put in a typical (I assume) fender tonestack. I say typical because it's the tonestack used on the tonestack calculator and it has a mid knob. Adjust the few componants to taste based off of the tone calculator output, then there you go.

I'd guess an amp tech could do it too... if you already have a deluxe reverb that is.

it would also be nice for some more clean headroom too - which is why I am looking at what were the alternatives

• Members

What about a vibrolux ? That's 40watts I think

I think that amp is a deviation from the fender ____ reverb line in tone/build

basically looking for:

fender cleans

1x12

surfy reverb and trem footswitchable

30+ watts tube

mid control

so the ddRI is cool with only 2 negatives... but you woudl have to think that Fender made a bumped up version that fits the bill? or at least a copy from someone...

• Members

Pro reverbs are sweet, but I think they are usually 2x10, and the OP is looking for a 1x12.

Hangwire - what about a DRRI on the first channel with a Dr Scientist the Cleanness pedal? It has an active EQ boost or cut on highs, mids, and lows (+/-20dB I think). I was running this setup for awhile, with the Cleanness always on, slightly above unity gain for my clean tone.

• Members

Pro reverbs are sweet, but I think they are usually 2x10, and the OP is looking for a 1x12.

Hangwire - what about a DRRI on the first channel with a Dr Scientist the Cleanness pedal? It has an active EQ boost or cut on highs, mids, and lows (+/-20dB I think). I was running this setup for awhile, with the Cleanness always on, slightly above unity gain for my clean tone.

That could be an option i suppose... but I just don't want to miss out on a "Traynor Band Mate III" or "Fender Super Twin 50" just because it was not known that those simple words in the correct order woudl yield what I am looking for...

but that link will be inspected thsi weekend in depth?

Archived