F*** You John Mayer

rdm

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Would I go see John Mayer back in the day when Body is a Wonderland was at his big show stopper... no.

Would I go see the John Mayer Trio - depends, how much are the tickets, can I sit near the beer stand or do I need to do laundry?

Would I spend an entire day with John Mayer one-on-one playing guitar, talking about grade A poon tang, going out to bars and conduct drunken bar shenanigans? YES!

• Members
bang jlove, jessica simpson, and jennifer aniston

own tons of vintage fenders and other vintage guitars

sig line of amazing amps

effects out the ass

jam with amazing musicians

WHO WOULDN'T WANNA BE HIM

Exactly my point. Every negative word in this thread about John Mayer (other than the simple opinion of "I don't like his music") is just plain jealousy.

Yes, even Robo wishes that he had what John Mayer has. No matter what unfunny quip he may post after this trying to convince you otherwise. :thu:

• Members
this

If you own as many guitars as either the Edge or John Mayer own, you're not doing it right.

I would say you were doing something very right. Not necessarily doing something right musically, but certainly in life to be able to afford all that stuff.

On a side note, I don't get the Mayer-bashing around here. I love his music. Accessible blues, great tone, great guitarist. That's quite the combination. When you throw all that awesome gear from the OP on top of that :love:

• Members

J
ohn Mayer is one hell of a guitar player

Hmm....

He's pretty good, I'll give you that; hugely better than the 'average', but when I talk about 'one hell of a guitar player', I'm generally talking about players like Pat Metheny, Bireli Lagrene, Guthrie Govan, Tommy Emmanuel, Scotty Anderson et al. Mayer isn't even close to their league. Compared to them, he is a mere novice. Just sayin. :cop:

But as for Mayer bashing, any that I do is entirely done in jest. Bash one, bash all. Also, he sings like a little girl, writes lyrics like one (:facepalm:), and makes ultra expensive amplifers sound like cheap Fender reissues. :cop:

• Members
Exactly my point. Every negative word in this thread about John Mayer (other than the simple opinion of "I don't like his music") is just plain jealousy.

Yes, even Robo wishes that he had what John Mayer has. No matter what unfunny quip he may post after this trying to convince you otherwise.
:thu:

no, really, I don't

your life sucks and you want to be someone else, not me

now kindly leave me out of your moronic ramblings

• Members

If we can agree not to get too ridiculous with the bashing, let's keep the praise a bit more realistic, shall we?

He has fantastic tone and feel, but it's still blues. Boring, tired and stale blues licks that were aged even when SRV did them 25 years ago. If john mayer looked like shawn lane he would be about as unknown as........well, shawn lane.

I personally always thought mayer would have made a better sideman to a talented singer in the vein of page or keith richards.

• Members
LOL
:facepalm::lol:

You guys AMAZE me.
The jealousy is simply oozing out of this thread
. You people that say "too many guitars" or "his voice sucks" or wtfever other insult your pathetic self can come up with are such complete and utter liars and hypocrites it's not even funny.

In the first place, not one of you here is 1/10th the guitar player, or even musician for that matter, that he is. Not one of you. In the second place,
not for ONE second do I believe that any guy here wouldn't want to BE John Mayer
. You say that you wouldn't want to switch lives with him and I say you're full of {censored} and denial.

STFU with the John Mayer bashing. All the jealousy does is make you look pathetic for envying everything he has and is (which he has received due to hard work, talent and prolly a little luck).

The man love is STRONG in this one! :D

• Members

If we can agree not to get too ridiculous with the bashing, let's keep the praise a bit more realistic, shall we?

He has fantastic tone and feel, but it's still blues. Boring, tired and stale blues licks that were aged even when SRV did them 25 years ago. If john mayer looked like shawn lane he would be about as unknown as........well, shawn lane.

I personally always thought mayer would have made a better sideman to a talented singer in the vein of page or keith richards.

You know what, that's an interesting thought. It would be cool to hear him together with a good female jazz or soul singer.

• Members

no, really, I don't

your life sucks and you want to be someone else, not me

now kindly leave me out of your moronic ramblings

You sir, are a LIAR. :cop:

LOL and coming from someone with 27000 posts on an internet site? That's nearly 13 posts a DAY for 365 days for 6 years. Get a {censored}ing life dude. :facepalm: I'd say that YOUR life is the one that sucks. Cus obviously you need some sort of approval/recognition from this forum, the way you constantly beg for attention. And that's sad, really. :cry:

Maybe you should spend your time making more more "art". And I use that term loosely.

• Members
You sir, are a LIAR.
:cop:

LOL and coming from someone with 27000 posts on an internet site? That's nearly 13 posts a DAY for 365 days for 6 years. Get a {censored}ing life dude.
:facepalm:
I'd say that YOUR life is the one that sucks. Cus obviously you need some sort of approval/recognition from this forum, the way you constantly beg for attention. And that's sad, really.
:cry:

Maybe you should spend your time making more more "art". And I use that term loosely.

hmm, still sounds like someone who hates their own life...

Archived