Why is music at Halloween so shit

LR Weizel

• Members

So depressed at the moment. Was listening to the radio today and they had {censored}ing Westlife on. The closest thing they had to halloween music was playing 5 seconds of the ghostbusters theme. I was like "{censored} yes" and then it was just some kind of preview thing. I went to a party at a local pub and the band was playing Dancing in the Moonlight! Despite what the name of that song might imply, they were the least halloweeny band ever. Just pop rock indie bull{censored} all the pub classics. It's just a big party that doesn't mean anything.

I hate that because it means people are going more and more into a comfort zone and not coming out of it. Yeah it's just halloween but subculture and art in general is going to suffer from this. People are all like Oh Halloween how fun but don't actually want to go in for anything unusual or differnet. Oh joy it's another guy dressed as Marilyn Monroe. And another 12,000 Joker costumes.

What happened to Siouxsie and the Banshees, Black Sabbath, Bauhaus, The Misfits? Good Halloweeny bands.

If you don't play Bela Lugosi's Dead on Halloween then you're not a proper {censored}ing radio station, sorry.

• Members
My local radio played Sabbath, Alice Cooper, and King Crimson all night.
:idk:

Well here in Ireland it's comlete {censored}. Though to be honest those acts are still total mainstream really. Halloween should push people into the unusual for once in their lives.

Archived