The Beast In The Basement

TowJam

• Members

this guy would have been right at home here on KSS.

he was born 50 years too early.
:cry:

Yea, I kinda thought the same thing. Really no different than a couple of synths and a dozen modules.

My dad used to have a few George Wright records. I used to like his version of Quiet Village.

• Members

Ok, I have a confession to make (and I'll be dating myself at the same time)...

This was my very first electric keyboard. Santa Clause brought for me in '64 when I was 4 years old - a Magnus Chord Organ (Model 300)

Magnusorgan.jpg

Through elementary school, I took piano and organ lessons. My parents bought a Conn home organ and I spent hours and hours playing along with the many Lenny Dee albums my parents had bought me*. I guess that's why this Beast In The Basement video kinda' struck a chord with me (no pun intended).

I'm also willing to be I'm not the only KSS member who grew up playing home organs.

*And I got beat up a lot too.

• Members

Ok, I have a confession to make (and I'll be dating myself at the same time)...

This was my very first electric keyboard. Santa Clause brought for me in '64 when I was 4 years old - a Magnus Chord Organ (Model 300)

Magnusorgan.jpg

I started with a Magnus Chord Organ too, as a kid back in the 70s. Great fun.

I'll never forget the sound of the fan blowing whenever it was turned on. It was basically a horizontal electric accordian, and it sounded every bit like one.

• Members

I'm also willing to be I'm not the only KSS member who grew up playing home organs.

Ditto, only here it was a godawfully hideous orange Bontempi. That piqued my interests - and after that it was a RIHA electronic organ with 2 manuals and pedal.

I now have an Eminent 310 because it was free :).

Archived