WOULD YOU BUY THIS?

Danox3

• Members

A two input pedal, that offers a DI out, a tuner, a +12db clean boost, and one switchable FX loop.

Would a switch on the FX loop be needed? Would you use it?

Could be ideal for acoustic instruments, but also bass, and small electric rigs as well.

FWIW, my opinion:

If you want to make it more flexible - especially for bass players, put a blend control on that loop.

Don't bother with the tuner - most of us already own at least one, and it's not something I'd normally want included in a pedal of that type. On a multieffects unit like the M13, sure - it makes sense. But not on a pedal of the type you're describing.

• Members

FWIW, my opinion:

If you want to make it more flexible - especially for bass players, put a blend control on that loop.

Don't bother with the tuner - most of us already own at least one, and it's not something I'd normally want included in a pedal of that type. On a multieffects unit like the M13, sure - it makes sense. But not on a pedal of the type you're describing.

Blend control as in how much effect is brought back into the loop? Or Level?

The idea is for acoustic players who have no pedals, usually just plug into a PA. But I want to try to see if there is added use and appeal to other styles. I see it as a great "end of the chain" pedal. DI send to a PA, or to another amp. Boost, and the swtichable loop, to add a odd combination you use often, but don't want to tap dance to get it.

Blend control as in how much effect is brought back into the loop? Or Level?

Blend control to allow you to mix the relative amounts of the direct, unaffected signal vs what is inserted into the loop.

The idea is for acoustic players who have no pedals, usually just plug into a PA. But I want to try to see if there is added use and appeal to other styles. I see it as a great "end of the chain" pedal. DI send to a PA, or to another amp. Boost, and the swtichable loop, to add a odd combination you use often, but don't want to tap dance to get it.

Well, if it's going to be primarily for acoustic players, then it's probably not going to be ideal for an electric bass or guitar, due to different impedances from piezo pickups vs magnetics.

• Members
tell me more about the Whirlwind Dyna Comp
:wave:

Well, it's the original circuit design, but has a power supply input, led light( I wish my 80's script did!) and it's true bypass. Really sounds sweet on a Strat with a Fender tube combo.

• Members
i just want an affordable loop with blend control. not really concerned with DI and clean boosts and tuner out etc.

but that's not what you're designing. but you asked
;)

Yes, and I appreciate your answer greatly.

There is a product in the works, and originally, the loop was switchable, and they have decided against it. I think this is a terrible idea. I wanted to ask other guitarists, what they think. There is going to be a fx loop there anyways, why NOT make it swtichable? You dont' HAVE to disengage it.

It's more of a theoretical question, not many people on this board might actually use this, just need your opinions if you think it's a good idea or not.

Archived