Belated NGD, NPD, NAD (rig pics)

rydia is hot

• Members

so i never got around to any new gear day.

here's everything, new and old. sorry for the lousy photo!

IMG_1545.jpg

* 1984 gibson j-30. someone who owed my dad money left it in his garage. i took it, got it fixed up, and fell in love. ugly as sin, but plays and sounds incredible. spooky factor: it was built two days after i was born, but i was born two days earlier than planned b/c of complications. :eek:

* crappy mandolin. i suck.

* 2000 rickenbacker 650a (atlantis). got this off of a forumite. has beautiful flame in the headstock wings. converge'd.

* 200? g&l asat classic. this thing destroys any fender tele i've layed hands on. my current #1.

* 2009 avri 62 jazzmaster with mastery bridge. enough said :thu:

* 1986 les paul standard. used to belong to george mccorkle of the marshall tucker band. a good friend of the family, he passed away last year. he couldn't remember if he got it through his gibson endorsement or if he got it from carlos santana. either way, a fantastic playing les paul that i'll never get rid of.

* dr z maz 38nr with 2x10 z convertible cab. thanks to bennintexas for the amp advice on this one. freaking great amp; i don't miss my bad cat at all.

* pedulz. yes, a m13 and a dl4. i loop a lot. and yes, two memory lanes. i took them both in on trade to test them out and see who wins out for the cost. probably going to keep the mln2 because of the dotted 8ths and slapback functions.

• Members

thanks, guys!

...just got home with a new addition. think it's a teisco. has the gold foil pickup that sounds nasty. going to raise the action and put huge strings on it. it needs some work, but i just grabbed a slide and tried it in open d, and it sounded awesome:

IMG_1548.jpg

$25 off craigslist FTW.

Archived