NPD !!!

dunnoaname

• Members

I woke up this morning and found a fulltone fuldrive 2 on my doorstep ;)

So i've been noodling around and i really really like it!

The flat mids sound is totally the sort of overdrive I like, and the boost allows me to kick it into lead sound.

The comp cut setting is great for a clean boost that tightens your sound. I wil be using this setting at my gig tonight with the bigband.

The vintage setting sounds like a regular tubescreamer to me. Nice sound, but doesn't fit me. Whenever I land a blues gig or oldschool rock I might use it.

PICTURE TIME!

6homee.jpg

• Members

have you ever played on a t-rex mudhoney or a z-vex box of rock? i'd be interested in hearing your comparison if so. I'm kinda up in the air about all of these pedals and what they're best suited for...

Sorry, can't help you. Drive pedals I've had or still have:

Rat2

Visualsound R66

Bad Monkey

Dano TOD

Boss HM 2

Boss SD-1

Blackstar HT dist

It compares best to the route 66 or the BadMonkey. Those are closest in sound. The fulldrive is more natural sounding than the BM to my ears, and loads more versatile than te Route 66. Also the boost is a feature I need more then built in compressor.

• Members

ok, that does help. i've only heard a fulldrive in a few settings, and they sound real nice, but do they get very over-the-top gain on them? Right now I use a jekyll & hyde, and i :love: the hyde side, and it cleans up real nice. i'm just contemplating something a little better as I've heard some amazing things about the pedals I mentioned previously as well as the fulldrive. basically, if it can't get close to metal or harder rock territory, then I probably won't waste my time.

• Members

ok, that does help. i've only heard a fulldrive in a few settings, and they sound real nice, but do they get very over-the-top gain on them? Right now I use a jekyll & hyde, and i
:love:
the hyde side, and it cleans up real nice. i'm just contemplating something a little better as I've heard some amazing things about the pedals I mentioned previously as well as the fulldrive. basically, if it can't get close to metal or harder rock territory, then I probably won't waste my time.

With tha gain maxed out and the boost too there is quite a lot of gain.

I would not advise this pedal for tight metal or hardrock sounds. Doesn't have that definition and punch on the max gain settings. I'm thinking a different pedal might be better for you.

EDIT:

Just checked it, and no, the fulldrive will not do metal. Decent hard rock tones though.

• Members

oh ok. thanks for the advice. i'll probably end up going with the mudhoney for bluesy/fuzzy stuff and the box of rock for tight stuff. the box of rock sounds great on the clips on their website, and I have heard it in person and was impressed. however, the clips on their website for the box of metal was not impressive at all. it sounded too scooped and not very defined like the box of rock.

• Members

If you have your amp cooking at high volumes, I bet pushing it with the fulldrive would be awesome. After all, mostly all metal players use tube screamers.

Also, nice score dawg, I really want one but am not into the tube screamerish mid hump. I guess I should just check it out.

Archived