Line 6 M13 VS X3 Live

danxrs05

• Members

Hey guys.

What would you recommend between the M13 from Line 6 and the Pod X3 Live?!

And why?

I am looking for a multi effect pedal. So I would have only to carry one around to go play with friends.

Any other suggestion is welcome.

I have heard of the Vox Tone Lab...any feedbacks?

Anyway...help me out!

Thanks!

• Members

The POD X3L devotes a substantial amount of its processing power to amp models, and so the effects tend to be weaker on the POD than on the M13. The M13 has some fun effects, like the octo and particle reverbs, that the POD X3 doesn't have and apparently (so I've heard) can't handle. So, if you just want a multifx processor and want to use your amp's distortion, I'd go with the M13.

As for the Tone Lab: I'm not sure about the effects on that. My sense is that as far as amp models go, the POD is better for high gain and the Vox is better for medium and low gain.

Finally, though you didn't ask: I think the POD X3 sounds significantly better than the POD XT. (I have the X3L now, and I used to have the XTL.)

• Members

it depends on what you want. personally, if it were me I would go for the m13 but that is mainly because I am not interested in the amp models and would prefer more of a stomp box feel. plus the m13 allows you to stack multiple instances of the same type of effect; ie...multiple delays or multiple dirt, etc.... I had an xtLive and I don't remember being able to do that.

Archived