On the waitlist for a Timmy, and I'm calling Klon tomorrow to get on the waitlist.

• Members

Anyone got Klon man's contact and or any idea how much it costs through him; etc? There is a Klon dealer a few miles from me, but they get like 2 every 9 weeks and you pretty much have to happen to be in the store when it gets there to buy it.

http://www.klon-siberia.com/contact.html

Yes, he does question you about your gear...I've never heard of him turning anyone away from buying his pedal, but it IS expensive, and if you're using a cheap guitar through cheap equipment, he might suggest your money is better spent elsewhere...

• Members

Anyone got Klon man's contact and or any idea how much it costs through him; etc? There is a Klon dealer a few miles from me, but they get like 2 every 9 weeks and you pretty much have to happen to be in the store when it gets there to buy it.

1 (617) 666-1551 is his phone number, and his e-mail is mailto:info@klon-siberia.com. He's said before he can't go into too much detail through e-mail though, so if you have a lot of questions, or want to order one, I would suggest calling.

They're $344 including shipping through him though, which is a lot less than I was expecting when I first saw how much they go for on e-bay.

Good luck if you decide you want one!

• Members

FWIW, I was added to the wait list last week. Bill was very pleasant on the phone and as some others have mentioned, was particularly interested in the gear I played. I never got the impression that he would turn someone down who wants to buy one, however I do think that he designs the Centaur to compliment a top of the line amp.

He was also very interested in how often I play out, whether others may be influenced to buy based on my purchase, etc.

My guess is that anyone who is saying that their gear was "unsuitable" for a Klon is a little confused. After talking to Bill, I have no doubt that he would recommend purchasing a nice amp rather than use his pedal with a mediocre one...maybe that recommedation was taken the wrong way. A smart business man is not going to turn down money. However, the Klon's reputation could be damaged by someone who buys it hoping that it "fix" their tone. It isn't designed to do that and won't.

The whole concept of the Klon is to make your specific setup sound the best it can. Moral of the story...don't spend $344 on a pedal that's designed to enhance your tone if your tone isn't already awesome on its own.

• Members
FWIW, I was added to the wait list last week. Bill was very pleasant on the phone and as some others have mentioned, was particularly interested in the gear I played. I never got the impression that he would turn someone down who wants to buy one, however I do think that he designs the Centaur to compliment a top of the line amp.

He was also very interested in how often I play out, whether others may be influenced to buy based on my purchase, etc.

My guess is that anyone who is saying that their gear was "unsuitable" for a Klon is a little confused. After talking to Bill, I have no doubt that he would recommend purchasing a nice amp rather than use his pedal with a mediocre one...maybe that recommedation was taken the wrong way. A smart business man is not going to turn down money. However, the Klon's reputation could be damaged by someone who buys it hoping that it "fix" their tone. It isn't designed to do that and won't.

The whole concept of the Klon is to make your specific setup sound the best it can. Moral of the story...don't spend $344 on a pedal that's designed to
enhance
your tone if your tone isn't already awesome on its own.

I couldn't agree more. Spot on. :thu:

• Members
...I never got the impression that he would turn someone down who wants to buy one, however I do think that he designs the Centaur to compliment a top of the line amp.

The whole concept of the Klon is to make your specific setup sound the best it can. Moral of the story...don't spend $344 on a pedal that's designed to
enhance
your tone if your tone isn't already awesome on its own.

• Members

I passed the test! haha

1 (617) 666-1551 is his phone number, and his e-mail is mailto:info@klon-siberia.com. He's said before he can't go into too much detail through e-mail though, so if you have a lot of questions, or want to order one, I would suggest calling.

They're $344 including shipping through him though, which is a lot less than I was expecting when I first saw how much they go for on e-bay.

Good luck if you decide you want one!

My experience was much like yours. I have played one with all of my setup at Indoor Storm here in Raleigh. I really liked what I was hearing. After seeing this thread I figured it wouldn't hurt to call and get the price direct. Indoor Storm gets em, but it is damn near impossible to buy from them unless you happen to be there when it shows up. I talked to Bill for about 10 min and he really seemed like a genuinely nice guy. You could tell he was working hard, but he also just wanted to make sure that the Klon was the right pedal for your rig. He said it should sound excellent with my AC30 and my guitars. And the wait list is really not that long at all. I was surprised. I know where my holiday bonus is going!

• Members
I've e-mailed Paul Cochrane twice now in the space of two weeks and haven't heard back. I know he's a busy man, but i don't really want to start doing international calls! UK peoples with timmys, how did you guys go about it?

CALL him. That's really the only way he stays organized. The guy has got anywhere from 10-20 orders a month I'm sure, maybe more, and a phone convo is DEFINITELY his preference. I won't post his # here, but go to http://www.myspace.com/paulcaudio to find his number. It's under one of his blogs, "How to order...". He's an incredibly nice guy, just a bit overloaded. :thu:

EDIT: Just saw you were in the UK... calling may be difficult for you. PM me if you want me to call him for you and I can let him know about your e-mails. :thu:

• Members

Rock Block guitars. It's over by Exit/In. It's probably the best place for pedals in Nashville.

yeah, figured either that or corner music, couldn't remember which one. it sucks that after all these years rock block still doesnt have a website

• Members
yeah, figured either that or corner music, couldn't remember which one. it sucks that after all these years rock block still doesnt have a website

Yeah, Rock Block's website sucks pretty hard. I also hate going there since I can't parallel park haha. Their pedal selection is always jaw dropping when I do go though. Corner Music is pretty sweet too though. They have a Vox Virage in, and they always have some Duesenberg stuff in. If you're ever at Corner Music, make sure you go to Portland Brew. It's only a few doors down, and the coffee is awesome. :thu:

Also, back on the topic of the first post, today was the first time I ever got to hold this, and tomorrow I get to play it. :D
SwollenPickle.png

Serial number 096, so I'm in the first 100 ever built! So excited.

• Members
CALL him. That's really the only way he stays organized. The guy has got anywhere from 10-20 orders a month I'm sure, maybe more, and a phone convo is DEFINITELY his preference. I won't post his # here, but go to
http://www.myspace.com/paulcaudio
to find his number. It's under one of his blogs, "How to order...". He's an incredibly nice guy, just a bit overloaded.
:thu:

Less than one order a day, holy {censored}.

• Members
Hmm...... okay... f*** you too, netstar.
:thu:

When you consider that he works by himself, I'd say that's a pretty substantial workload especially when I believe he has another job too (one that really pays the bills
;)
)

He could just buy all of his own pedals, and sell them on eBay. He'd make twice as much that way. :lol:

Archived